(OT) Save Toby

billsfanone

Anyone saying this is disturbing or sick, I hope you havn't had a hamburger, steak, hot dog, ... oh wait, ANY meat ever. . ..

Just because the rabbit happens to be "cute" doesn't mean it can't be food. Alot of people eat rabbitt. It is socially acceptable in the US (unlike dog, for example).

279380[/snapback]

Anybody seen "Roger and Me"??

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone saying this is disturbing or sick, I hope you havn't had a hamburger, steak, hot dog, ... oh wait, ANY meat ever. . ..

Just because the rabbit happens to be "cute" doesn't mean it can't be food. Alot of people eat rabbitt. It is socially acceptable in the US (unlike dog, for example).

279380[/snapback]

I just think he's being a little bit exploitive here. It is interesting, though, that people are willing to put 18,000 to save this bunny's life but that money could probably instead go to help save thousands of children dying in third world countries because they haven't been properly vaccinated.

I guess one's rabbit's life is more important. Did he say would return the money if he didn't reach 50K?

if you read the bottom, it says that he's donating a minimum of 75% to charity, and if you don't like his cause, donate directly to the charity of your choice. This will save this guy next april 15th at least. I think it's a brilliant yet sick idea.

if you read the bottom, it says that he's donating a minimum of 75% to charity, and if you don't like his cause, donate directly to the charity of your choice.  This will save this guy next april 15th at least.  I think it's a brilliant yet sick idea.

279407[/snapback]

I think we are talking about two different sites. I see that on the other one, not the savetoby.com

http://www.savetoby.com/

234190[/snapback]

Don't forget these recipes... hilarious

Here's an excerpt:

After quartering, brown Toby at medium-high heat. Remove Toby from the pan and brown the chopped onion (one medium). Return Toby to the pan and add ground cinnamon, cumin seeds and fresh grated ginger, roughly half a teaspoon each (reducing heat if necessary to avoid burning the.....

"Toby" is even on the ingredients list at the beginning of the recipe.

http://www.savetoby.com/recipes/4.php

Don't forget these recipes... hilarious

Here's an excerpt:

After quartering, brown Toby at medium-high heat. Remove Toby from the pan and brown the chopped onion (one medium). Return Toby to the pan and add ground cinnamon, cumin seeds and fresh grated ginger, roughly half a teaspoon each (reducing heat if necessary to avoid burning the.....

"Toby" is even on the ingredients list at the beginning of the recipe.

http://www.savetoby.com/recipes/4.php

279845[/snapback]

ROFL! That will definitely get the animal lovers to donate. :lol:

There is no possible way that I am the only one who finds this frigging hilarious....

234623[/snapback]

That is the funniest thing I've ever seen. 18k already?

Unbelieveable!

In essence it's an attempt at internet extortion, wringing bucks from anyone who is a big enough sucker to fall for it. I don't really care if these guys eat their rabbits or not. If these guys are willing to eat these animals, then they aren't really pets. People don't eat pets, but lots of people eat rabbit meat. I suppose if people are stupid enough to fall for this, they deserve to be relieved of their money, but I don't really llike to see guys like this make big bucks from these kinjds of activities. Sorry it doesn't really trip my laugh trigger.

"i dont want him to die, but as god as my witness i will eat him.."

282394[/snapback]

"Are you just going to sit there and stuff lobster in your face?"

<sobbing>"Yes, Pinchy would have wanted it that way."