If we don't or can't trade TH

Let's assume TD has not made any more OL signings between now and the draft. It's now draft day and you have no takers for TH. Would you give up our 2nd round pick for Shelton? A starting LT signed for the next few years to a pretty reasonable contract is a pretty good return for a 2nd round pick. Then take the best center or guard left in the draft in the 3rd round.

Let's assume TD has not made any more OL signings between now and the draft.  It's now draft day and you have no takers for TH.  Would you give up our 2nd round pick for Shelton?  A starting LT signed for the next few years to a pretty reasonable contract is a pretty good return for a 2nd round pick.  Then take the best center or guard left in the draft in the 3rd round.

278084[/snapback]

I'd be inclined not to make the trade. It's been said that this is a weaker draft, but the Bills have only 6 picks as is. I'm hoping that coaching and different offensive playcalling with JP will help.

I wouldn't give up a 2nd........maybe a 4th, but I'd rather TD have his second and third rounders to find some players for us.

I wouldn't, I don't think he's worth more than a 3rd. That would be a panic move, and TD doesn't make panic moves.... sooner or later, either the Cardinals asking price will come down, or he will be cut.

Let's assume TD has not made any more OL signings between now and the draft.  It's now draft day and you have no takers for TH.  Would you give up our 2nd round pick for Shelton?  A starting LT signed for the next few years to a pretty reasonable contract is a pretty good return for a 2nd round pick.  Then take the best center or guard left in the draft in the 3rd round.

278084[/snapback]

I'd give up a 2nd rnd pick in '06.

i would not give up a 2nd round pick because that is a much needed pick with no 1st rounder......if TH is not involved in the deal and a pick is necessary to secure a LT, i would check out the health/availablity of turley and see who comes cheaper.......he is another viable option..........

i wouldn't. i might be willing to give up a 5th. if the Cardinals don't like it...too bad....let them go ahead and cut him and get nothing for him.

the only reason i would give up a 5th would be to maintain his current affordable cap number. and to give the Cards something of somewhat value for him...to entice them not to cut him just to spite the Bills.

i would not give up a 2nd round pick because that is a much needed pick with no 1st rounder......if TH is not involved in the deal and a pick is necessary to secure a LT, i would check out the health/availablity of turley and see who comes cheaper.......he is another viable option..........

278202[/snapback]

Turley has a major disc problem with his back and may never play again. I also read that he's dropped 50 lbs. in weight.

I wouldn't, I don't think he's worth more than a 3rd. That would be a panic move, and TD doesn't make panic moves.... sooner or later, either the Cardinals asking price will come down, or he will be cut.

278108[/snapback]

I agree that since the Cards have comitted to go in another direction, that their price may come down. Giving up a 3rd round pick or a pick in 06 would be great if it can be pulled off.

Again, would someone please remind me of why we want a guy that the Arizona Cardinals (one of the worst teams ever) want to get rid of??

278364[/snapback]

Using your logic, we shouldn't have signed Takeo, considering the Bengals haven't been much better.

Using your logic, we shouldn't have signed Takeo, considering the Bengals haven't been much better.

point is the Cardinals need all the help they can get...Some consider Shelton an upgrade over JJ, and JJ just signed a huge deal with SF. Why arn't the Cardinals trying to hold to a valuable position player like Shelton who is still very young? I've heard about some attitude problems, but could there more to the issue?

Again, would someone please remind me of why we want a guy that the Arizona Cardinals (one of the worst teams ever) want to get rid of??

278364[/snapback]

From what I hear, it's not "Arizona Cardinals" but rather "Dennis Green". It's either personal or it's philosophy.