How Bad Does Service Have To Be Not To Tip?

5 hours ago, sodbuster said:

I've only once ever not left a tip. I was eating with two friends at a smallish bar and grill. Since I was driving, I only ordered a soda with my meal, which drew some unprofessional remarks from the waitress. She then took our food order twice, which should have been a clue as to how drunk she was, but we didn't realize it until she delivered our food to the wrong table. Near the end of our meal, we ordered one more round of drinks. When the whole drink order came back completely wrong, I made the mistake of asking her if she was feeling ok. She proceeded to drop a slew of racial slurs on one of my dining companions. When I spoke to her manager, he defended her, and threatened to kick my ass. We walked without even looking at the bill. 

So did the manager kick your ass??

I've only completely walked out without paying once. I'm a picky eater, and I'll be the first to tell you that. I ordered a hamburger, plain. No cheese, nothing. Burger came out, plain, but with cheese. I wasn't mad, I just politely told my waitress that I didn't want cheese. She apologized, and brought it back about five minutes later. Of course the first thing I do is pick up the bun, make sure it's to my liking, then eat it. After a few bites, it tastes funny. So I pick up the patty as well, and they used the same burger, scraped the cheese off, and put the burger upside down so I wouldn't notice.

At this point, I am pissed. If I went to someones house and they did that, it'd be one thing. They're giving me food, and they know I'm just being picky. The restaurant on the other hand, I'm paying them for the food, and as far as they know, I could be deathly allergic to cheese. I'm pissed, but I maintained mu composure complaining the second time. She takes it back, and come out with the cook. Not only does he not apologize, he bragged about how he got most of it off. I stormed out. He said he wouldn't charge me for the burger, just the fries and drink. It's one of the few times I've sworn at someone in a business, and stormed out. They were shut down a few months later.

16 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I've only completely walked out without paying once. I'm a picky eater, and I'll be the first to tell you that. I ordered a hamburger, plain. No cheese, nothing. Burger came out, plain, but with cheese. I wasn't mad, I just politely told my waitress that I didn't want cheese. She apologized, and brought it back about five minutes later. Of course the first thing I do is pick up the bun, make sure it's to my liking, then eat it. After a few bites, it tastes funny. So I pick up the patty as well, and they used the same burger, scraped the cheese off, and put the burger upside down so I wouldn't notice.

At this point, I am pissed. If I went to someones house and they did that, it'd be one thing. They're giving me food, and they know I'm just being picky. The restaurant on the other hand, I'm paying them for the food, and as far as they know, I could be deathly allergic to cheese. I'm pissed, but I maintained mu composure complaining the second time. She takes it back, and come out with the cook. Not only does he not apologize, he bragged about how he got most of it off. I stormed out. He said he wouldn't charge me for the burger, just the fries and drink. It's one of the few times I've sworn at someone in a business, and stormed out. They were shut down a few months later.

So you haven't been back to Burger King since your episode?

That's some serious will power! I can't live with put their onion rings!

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

So you haven't been back to Burger King since your episode?

That's some serious will power! I can't live with put their onion rings!

Lol. It was actually a seafood place. I hate seafood, but they made a really good hamburger when they did it right. About a half pounder, and a bunch of fries for less than $5. 

However I did boycott McDonalds once. I worked the overnight shift at the Walgreen on the corner of Abbott and Ridge Rd. Didn't own a car at the time. Went there around 2:30am on my lunch break. Only the drive thru was opened. I walked up, and they refused to serve me. Boycott lasted about a week and a half. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Lol. It was actually a seafood place. I hate seafood, but they made a really good hamburger when they did it right. About a half pounder, and a bunch of fries for less than $5. 

However I did boycott McDonalds once. I worked the overnight shift at the Walgreen on the corner of Abbott and Ridge Rd. Didn't own a car at the time. Went there around 2:30am on my lunch break. Only the drive thru was opened. I walked up, and they refused to serve me. Boycott lasted about a week and a half. 

You order plain burger there too?

On 8/7/2018 at 10:20 AM, Mark80 said:

So proud to be so cheap.  Classy.

Haha. 

It’s cheap to tip 15%

or stupid to tip 25% no matter what?  

Hmmmmmm

unless you are independently wealthy, tipping out of variance just means you overvalue waiters.  

Edited by Bakin