On a positive note, draft analysts say that Losman

Wiz

It is certainly too early to tell, but, so far, it looks as if TD made the right decision on getting Losman last year.

Another thing, since when has being "cocky" been necessarily a bad thing in sports? Few complain about TO being "too cocky" or Shaq being "too cocky". Why is it a supposed problem ONLY with Losman?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is certainly too early to tell, but, so far, it looks as if TD made the right decision on getting Losman last year. 

Another thing, since when has being "cocky" been necessarily a bad thing in sports?  Few complain about TO being "too cocky" or Shaq being "too cocky".  Why is it a supposed problem ONLY with Losman?

277285[/snapback]

Simple...

Not proven himself in NFL.

This year's QB class is really ugly, I'll give TD that. Aaron Rodgers is the only future-starter in my opinion, and even he has his problems.

Dont let the stats fool you, Alex Smith strikes me as Ty Detmer, Version 2.0. Great college QB in a wide open system who'll flop badly in the NFL when teams figure out his tells.

Well I have concerns as Losman had one barely winning year in college. The top 2 guys coming out Smith was 12-0 this year. Cal with Rogers was ranked 9th at 10-2.

These guys both have good skills and prove it with the bullets flying.

Well I have concerns as Losman had one barely winning year in college.  The top 2 guys coming out Smith was 12-0 this year.  Cal with Rogers was ranked 9th at 10-2. 

277302[/snapback]

It will be interesting to see if Losman really did have a horrible supporting cast

Another thing, since when has being "cocky" been necessarily a bad thing in sports?  Few complain about TO being "too cocky" or Shaq being "too cocky".  Why is it a supposed problem ONLY with Losman?

277285[/snapback]

Where did you see this about Losman being rated as a better prospect than any QB in this years class? I was wondering about that a few weeks ago.

Well I have concerns as Losman had one barely winning year in college.  The top 2 guys coming out Smith was 12-0 this year.  Cal with Rogers was ranked 9th at 10-2. 

Don't believe everything your friend tells you. Stuff that's news like Gibbs unretiring is fine, but predictions are worthless from the so-called "experts" or those "in-the-know."

277285[/snapback]

Wrong, Scouts had Losman at 89

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft04/.../player?id=7843

Smith at 97

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/.../player?id=9077

and Rodgers at 98

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/.../player?id=8743

Try again

BTW 89 ranking gets you to be about the 30-35 best players in the draft. So saying that, Losman would be a early 2nd rounder this year.

Don't believe everything your friend tells you.  Stuff that's news like Gibbs unretiring is fine, but predictions are worthless from the so-called "experts" or those "in-the-know."

277331[/snapback]

My opinion on the other 2 QB's. The facts of records and winning ability is a fact and has nothing to do with inside info. I personally have my doubt on Losman. I for one hope he is great, I just don't see it.

None of these ratings mean a damn thing. All based on College stats and subjective projection to the next level.

Losman is completely unproven but is already under contract and working with his team. We'll see how the careers all pan out.

I DON'T care about the 2005 QB's - Smith, Rogers, Fry etc. I care about reality, which is J.P Losman and Kelly Holcomb.

Where did you see this about Losman being rated as a better prospect than any QB in this years class?  I was wondering about that a few weeks ago.

277327[/snapback]

The guy who said that Losman rated out better than Smith, Rogers was John Murphy of Next Level Scouting, Inc. who was on NFL radio on Sirius. Yeah, Losman may have an "89" according to ESPN, no doubt the ultimate authority in the draft, but they probably removed some points for being "too cocky".

The guy who said that Losman rated out better than Smith, Rogers was John Murphy of Next Level Scouting, Inc. who was on NFL radio on Sirius.  Yeah, Losman may have an "89" according to ESPN, no doubt the ultimate authority in the draft, but they probably removed some points for being "too cocky".

277354[/snapback]

Actually it was Scouts not ESPN. ESPN just buys their service.

As far as what it means the ratings mean nothing and Mark is correct. It is on the field that matter and these two guys have shown it on the field and Losman has not IMHO. I will root for Losman and the Bills and hope he does well, I personally howeevr have been less then happy with what I have seen so far. And that is my opinion and I am entitled to it.

I personally howeevr have been less then happy with what I have seen so far. 

277357[/snapback]

What exactly have you seen so far? Like 5 passes?

The guys who made the decision to make him the starter have seen him throw hundred and hundreds of balls. It was not a blind faith decision.

wait a second, is someone saying TD might actually know what the hell he's doing?

nooooooooooo....

277367[/snapback]

Jay Foreman, another TD castoff, was just waived by the Texans.

Yeah except he was the #1 tackler on that team every year he was there, until this year when he was hurt.  And he still finished 3rd.

277434[/snapback]

My bad. He's a salary cap casualty in their effort to clear space to trade for Pace.