Regular season game in Mexico City

duey

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8294013

I'm telling you...we'll be playing a "home" game in Toronto within the next few years.  I HATE this idea.  Preseason games are one thing, but regular season games should NOT be moved around.

275567[/snapback]

The "home" team has to recieve some type of compensation form the league, beacuse the home field advantage can be an extremely large factor in a game.

GO BILLS 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet the Cardinals make more from 37K American fans than they would from 100K of Mexican fans. But, I think the owners had to approve of this. As much as I hate the idea of playing one regular season game in Toronto, I prefer it to losing the Bills from the area entirely.

we won't do that... we sell out our games, the Cardinals don't. if we couldn't draw fans and couldn't make money, we would have a game in Toronto, but WE can, AZ is way different than the best fans in the league in Buffalo.

These types of situations always remind me of the opening sequence in BASEketball. The part about how the major sports leagues killed themselves with esculatings salaries and scandals.

I mean we have the NHL burrently close to putting the final nail in their own coffin, steroids and the lack of a salary cap on on their way to killing baseball, the NFL is going to start taking away home games and moving them to other countries and alienating their customers (American fans), and the NBA is back to where it was in the '70's. A bunch of thugs with money.

Major pro sports will be gone within 100 years at the rate they are currently moving.

Ahh yes stereotyping and racism.  I just love that on the main board.   :blink:

276271[/snapback]

Stereotyping and racism supposed to be limited to PPP?

And secondly, it's a scientific fact that the average height of mexican males is measurably shorter than that of american males. And whenever I go to a 7-11 down here, I feel like I'm a giant among men... good times.

I want them to play a game in Australia, and when a touchdown is scored there'll be that guy in the endzone in the raincoat and hat that steps forward and gives the two-handed finger point. The closest we have is stevestojan in a raincoat in the parking lot giving the finger point to good looking women.