Why Fedex Why?

23 hours ago, Gugny said:

UPS has its own version of cheap ground shipping:

UPS SurePost® is an economy, residential, ground service.

This service combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

I ordered something through work (we have a recognition system that allows supervisors and above to award other employees with points.  Points are accumulated and employees can shop from a catalog).

History is here"

Queensbury,  NY,  United States 06/02/2018 6:12 A.M. Arrival Scan
Latham,  NY,  United States 06/02/2018 5:24 A.M. Departure Scan
Latham,  NY,  United States 06/01/2018 7:13 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 06/01/2018 4:46 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

So, first of all, they fulfilled the order through a Best Buy in Latham - which is on my way home from work.  I could have picked it up on 6/2.  But no biggie, I get that it's easier for them to just ship it.

Queensbury is where I live.  So in one day, my package made it to my hometown (assuming) post office.  Either way, the UPS facility is 6 minutes from my house; USPS is 10 minutes, at the most.

It arrived in Queensbury yesterday at 6am.  Why didn't it go out for delivery?  And why isn't it being delivered today, since (as stated previously) USPS delivers UPS packages on Sunday.  And it says that it'll be delivered BY THE END OF TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So it took this package 1 day to travel 40 miles; but it will take an additional 3 days for the package to travel 5 miles.

So it's been sitting at UPS since 6:12 A.M. on Saturday.  It was just dropped off at the local post office, which means  it likely didn't make the truck and I won't get it until Tuesday.  Four days to go 45 miles.