Clearing cap space for Demulling?

PIZ

ive known for a year that we would cut Prileau due to his cap hit. not surprise there.

and M. Williams cap hit is 9 MILLION.. GOD DAMN. he should get that down just for the hell of it, he doesnt need any reason for that one, other than common sense.

they could also be clearing cap space for Nate.

275046[/snapback]

It would actually reduce this year's cap hit to redo Nate now...his cap hit right now is $3.5 Million...if we sign Nate to a 'market deal' say $32 Million over 6 years with a $10 million SB......hit would be something like

1 year 1.67 M Amortize Bonus, $500K salary - cap is $2.17 M (Savings $1.3 M)

2 year 1.67 M, $2.5 M salary cap is $4.17M

3 year 1.67 M, $3.5 M salary cap is $5.17M

4 year 1.67 M, $4.5 M salary cap is $6.17M

5 year 1.67M, $5.5M cap is 7.17M

6 year 1.67M, $5.5M cap is 7.17M

It would actually reduce this year's cap hit to redo Nate now...his cap hit right now is $3.5 Million...if we sign Nate to a 'market deal' say $32 Million over 6 years with a $10 million SB......hit would be something like

1 year  1.67 M Amortize Bonus, $500K salary - cap is $2.17 M (Savings $1.3 M)

2 year  1.67 M, $2.5 M salary                          cap is $4.17M

3 year  1.67 M, $3.5 M salary                          cap is $5.17M

4 year  1.67 M, $4.5 M salary                          cap is $6.17M

5 year  1.67M,  $5.5M                                    cap is 7.17M

6 year  1.67M,  $5.5M                                    cap is 7.17M

275066[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I think it is going to take a lot more money to sign NC. Fred Smoot who isn't nearly the player that Clements is, just got the kind of money you stated above from Minnesota a couple of weeks ago.

Smoot's contract is for six years and a total of $34 million. It includes bonus money of $10.8 million.

Unfortunately, I think it is going to take a lot more money to sign NC.  Fred Smoot who isn't nearly the player that Clements is, just got the kind of money you stated above from Minnesota a couple of weeks ago.

Smoot's contract is for six years and a total of $34 million. It includes bonus money of $10.8 million.

275076[/snapback]

I agree Labatt, I think Nate is setting himself up for an epic contract. Unless he has a HUGE drop off this year he is going to command and ungoldly sum of money for his services. I love Nate as a player and want to keep him but everything has a limit. The reality of today's NFL is that you can't mortgage the future of the team to pay one elite player.

Indy's learning this with Manning and he's worth far more to his team as a QB than Nate is to ours as a CB.

I think Clement's leaving is a done deal. I'm not happy about it but we can get two players for what he's going to cost.

Mike

Unfortunately, I think it is going to take a lot more money to sign NC.  Fred Smoot who isn't nearly the player that Clements is, just got the kind of money you stated above from Minnesota a couple of weeks ago.

275076[/snapback]

I was counting on a small hometown discount. Nate likes Buffalo--he has stated that its close to home for him and a good situation.

Even if we adjust the Bonus to $12M and the contract value to $35 million we still save money this year.

1 $2 M B, 500K salary $2.5 M saves $1 M off this year's cap

2 $2M B, $3M Salary $5M Cap hit

3 $2M B, $4M Salary $6M Cap hit

4 $2M B, $4.5M Salary $6.5M cap hit

5 $2M B, $5.5M Salary $7.5M Cap hit

6 $2M B, $5.5M Salary $7.5M cap hit

I think he will give us some discount...

One thing to consider--the cap has been growing by 4-5% per year...by year 6 of this contract--2010--assuming the CBA is similar to this one--the cap is $113M...

Make the deal now for market value....don't screw around with young, foundation talent that wants to be here..

Nate can only leave if the Bills do not come to an agreement AND choose to not use the franchise tag. Nate Clements is the exact type of player you use the franchise tag on. This way they get him for at least two more seasons. It seems everyone has forgotten this loophole.

Signing bonuses can only be prorated for 5 yrs starting in 2005

275097[/snapback]

Is that post season 2005 Clump or is that now?

Thanks--even if its this year--add $400K to each year's amoritization on the second contract and we still save $600K..if its after 2005--more reason to sign him now.

Nate can only leave if the Bills do not come to an agreement AND choose to not use the franchise tag. Nate Clements is the exact type of player you use the franchise tag on. This way they get him for at least two more seasons. It seems everyone has forgotten this loophole.

275095[/snapback]

I respectfully disagree. Someone posted that the hit for a CB would be more than 8.8 million gauranteed!

Davis tried this with Woodson and it bit him in the a$$, when he signed for 10 mil (120% of his previous contract). He gets this HUGE cash and is a ufa next year all over again.

Imo, cb is just THE wrong position at which to use the tag.

Is that post season 2005 Clump or is that now?

Thanks--even if its this year--add $400K to each year's amoritization on the second contract and we still save $600K..if its after 2005--more reason to sign him now.

275100[/snapback]

http://www.nflpa.org/Media/main.asp?subPag...ension+Features

Check 1st one: extended yrs.