Gil Brant on Sirius yesterday - awful

17 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

You get upset when someone calls you names still?  I am dumbfounded that grown adults still get upset being called any name. The whole point of primary school was to learn to get over it and tolerate !@#$s so you can be happy with yourself and say !@#$ everyone else.  

I get called names or insulted and I just shrug it off because I don't care the opinions of those who are of no consequence to me, I don't to be a martyr for some social cause to correct someones offensive statement or mindset, and most certainly I am not concerned with those who are ignorant enough to choose to behave in such a fashion. 

I guess it's why some men have confidence and balls and others are purely beta.  Reactions to those concerned with others makes me realize that I'm alpha af.

All this sensetivity crap is bulshit. When did men become whiney little bitches?

25 minutes ago, westside said:

All this sensetivity crap is bulshit. When did men become whiney little bitches?

Have you listened to Drake?  20 years ago rap was about good times, getting high, confidence, getting laid and now pussies like Drake make it about #feelings and being sensetive.

21 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

You get upset when someone calls you names still?  I am dumbfounded that grown adults still get upset being called any name. The whole point of primary school was to learn to get over it and tolerate !@#$s so you can be happy with yourself and say !@#$ everyone else.  

I get called names or insulted and I just shrug it off because I don't care the opinions of those who are of no consequence to me, I don't to be a martyr for some social cause to correct someones offensive statement or mindset, and most certainly I am not concerned with those who are ignorant enough to choose to behave in such a fashion. 

I guess it's why some men have confidence and balls and others are purely beta.  Reactions to those concerned with others makes me realize that I'm alpha af.

When your boss indicates that all Italians are suspected criminals, until he realizes your last name and turns white as a ghost flailing to backpedal as fast as he can, yeah, that’s eye opening, and indicates to you exactly where you may stand with him.  It goes beyond self-image and touchy-feels stuff.   That kind of thinking by people in management can have real world impacts on people and their careers and bottom lines.  As noted, I can only imagine what people in groups that have suffered real discrimination must face on a daily basis.

As noted also, I’m no snowflake, and I laugh at the Internet “alpha male”tough guy talk.  If you’re implying that I’m somehow “beta” for understanding how wrong and potentially harmful such thinking is, well, that’s something I also just laugh at.  I’ve done quite well for myself (educationally, professionally  and financially, the first leading directly to the second and third) starting with next to nothing—I’ll leave it at that.  Have a good day.....

53 minutes ago, MattM said:

When your boss indicates that all Italians are suspected criminals, until he realizes your last name and turns white as a ghost flailing to backpedal as fast as he can, yeah, that’s eye opening, and indicates to you exactly where you may stand with him.  It goes beyond self-image and touchy-feels stuff.   That kind of thinking by people in management can have real world impacts on people and their careers and bottom lines.  As noted, I can only imagine what people in groups that have suffered real discrimination must face on a daily basis.

As noted also, I’m no snowflake, and I laugh at the Internet “alpha male”tough guy talk.  If you’re implying that I’m somehow “beta” for understanding how wrong and potentially harmful such thinking is, well, that’s something I also just laugh at.  I’ve done quite well for myself (educationally, professionally  and financially, the first leading directly to the second and third) starting with next to nothing—I’ll leave it at that.  Have a good day.....

Yes I am laughing at how you're upset a man realized he was wrong. 

Change is not change until I change.  Meaning you can't change anyone. You can't lead a horse to water.  Your boss is a moron and said something stupid. It doesn't make him a bad person or racist, it just makes him stupid or lacking judgement/sympathy.

I fired a guy last week who told someone they talk like they had a dick in their mouth. Simple as that. All it took.

On 4/28/2018 at 9:33 AM, thunderingsquid said:

All I know is that he has knowledge of NY restaurants.  And racism.  

And I cannot give you a brake.  Break maybe but no brakes for you.  

I thought you were joking at first, but you're serious?

Really?

Any idea how many times I travel somewhere and someone points out where the best Italian food is without my asking?

All the freaking time.

Know why? Because I'm an Italian who loves Italian food. 

Anyone who associates that with racism is simple deranged. Get over yourself. You're making the world a miserable place.

When people comment about how much us Irish guy like to drink, we respond by:

a) posting twitters about how offended we are

b) saying "hell yeah, whose round is it?"

c) spending ten minutes in the crying closet

So many special snowflakes out there.....

Edited by KD in CA

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

When people comment about how much us Irish guy like to drink, we respond by:

a) posting twitters about how offended we are

b) saying "hell yeah, whose round is it?"

c) spending ten minutes in the crying closet

So many special snowflakes out there.....

6 hours ago, MattM said:

As someone with bipolar disorder, one of the last few identity groups against whom it is socially acceptable and occasionally legal to discriminate against, I've never worked in an environment that wasn't hostile to me.

And it's not that difficult.  The key is NOT being a whimpering little crybaby about every perceived slight.