WGR Hosts Scared Of On-Air Confrontation

6 hours ago, JM57 said:

I'm not even talking about being aggressive in the passing game. I'm talking about  being aggressive like, it's 4th and 1 or 4th and inches and you choose to punt. Why?

Tom Brady is possibly the least athletically gifted starting QB in the league and he can convert a QB sneak in that situation at an obscene rate. The Bills on the other hand, can't, or don't, trust their OL to get enough push to gain 3 feet or less in the same situation which drives me absolutely nuts.

I definitely want more "going for it" on 4th and short, in between the 40s, etc.....................But, Schoop kills his case by his "never punt" stance...............Same as his "pass on ever down" stance. 

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I really like Howard, Jeremy and Sal.  I listen to Schoop and the Bulldog just because they are talking about the Bills and at least that's a benefit.

Bulldog is okay but I think he allows Schoop to persuade his opinions.  I think Bulldog disagrees with a lot from Schoop but doesn't want have on air conflict so he just stops.  I think Schoop is a moron but it's better to have a moron talking Bills than nothing.

I know he is hugely unpopular on this board and I am not a huge fan of him for other reasons, but I would argue Mike Schopp is the smartest guy on the station, and by a wide margin.

50 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I know he is hugely unpopular on this board and I am not a huge fan of him for other reasons, but I would argue Mike Schopp is the smartest guy on the station, and by a wide margin.

And, he'll let you know it, being in Mensa and all..................But, he's not smart enough to know that How ya doing?  is a salutation, just like Hi.  It's not meant to elicit a response about how he's really doing.

Jeremy and Howard had Beane on the morning show this morning. Perfect opportunity to tell him he f##cked up, but instead crickets. Beane even asked Simon if he's sure that he's okay, I'm sure referring to Friday's wake after the Allen pick. Beane knows what's being said. But he and McDermott don't care. Trust the process or get off the bus.

7 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Great example here of how Howard backed down:

Brandon starts he interview with Howard and and asks how they are doing.  When he responds “pretty good,” Beane says “just pretty good?” giving Howard the chance to complain to his face about the pick as he did Friday morning.

Of course, Howard responds by saying “I’m pumped” LOL he didn’t sound so pumped the morning after the draft.

I love Howard but man, the morning crew came off pretty weak here.  

What good would it do to argue with a reoccurring guest?  

2 minutes ago, stony said:

What good would it do to argue with a reoccurring guest?  

Showing you're not a two-faced kitty, for one.  There is a way to respectfully dissent or at least acknowledge you don't see it the same way.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Showing you're not a two-faced kitty, for one.  There is a way to respectfully dissent or at least acknowledge you don't see it the same way.

It's talk radio, not the wild west.  Pretty sure Beane's not waiting in the back alley to defend his honor.