Bills QB Coach David Culley

Logic

5 hours ago, Bills4life1924 said:

Just stop, yes he is raw, but has tremendous upside. Let's just Billieve and support our bills and our new players. Once again, I can't wait til Allen proves all the doubters wrong!!!! 

Just stop.  He struggled to take advantage of weak college defenses, filled with players who will never get a sniff of the NFL.  

Every team he plays going forward will have defensive talent the likes of which he has never come close to dealing with.

5 hours ago, Logic said:

I just posted this in Shaw's thread, and it got me to thinking:

The thing that makes me most nervous about Josh Allen being a Buffalo Bill? Well, we all know that Allen was the biggest boom or bust, project quarterback in the draft. He has A LOT to work on in order to become a franchise QB in the NFL. And who are the Bills entrusting to be the quarterback coach and to mold Josh Allen? David Culley. Who is David Culley?

Well, as far as I can tell, he's been a receivers coach and offensive assistant for a number of years now. But the last time he was a QUARTERBACKS coach? If my reading comprehension is as good as I think, he last coached quarterbacks in 1988. 1988!!! And that was for the Southwestern Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns. 

Allen as the potential "Franchise Guy" is nerve-wracking enough...but entrusting his development to a guy who hasn't coached QBs in 30 years and who has NEVER been an NFL QB coach? Well...that's just downright terrifying!

We can only hope this situation is improved upon with a better, more specifically chosen guy brought in solely to be the "Josh whisperer".

If we do NOT do something like that, someone should be fired.

It is good to have a off season  coach like Jordan Palmer who also coaches Sam Darnold .

I would prefer http://www.train3dqb.com/  who coach Brady, Brees and Goff.

When the prospects weren’t working out with elite trainer Ryan Flaherty on the nearby beaches of California, Palmer—the younger brother of recently retired NFL QB Carson Palmer—put Darnold and Allen through hours and hours of film work, going through the basics of installing an NFL offense and dissecting a defense. In essence, he taught them how to watch film like a pro.

His completion percentage number is less relevant to me. I think the guy is really accurate. I watched him throw for three months.(Palmer)

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/06/jordan-palmer-sam-darnold-josh-allen

Edited by ALF
  • Like (+1) 1

Yea, it's problematic. Culley was a college QB at Vandy in the 70s but still, he's been coaching receivers for the majority of his career which kind of tells you a lot.

Daboll doesn't seem like the guy that'll be coaching him up him up either, he's always been more of a coordinator than a positions coach. 

Just going to have to wait and see.

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

It is good to have a off season  coach like Jordan Palmer who also coaches Sam Darnold .

I would prefer http://www.train3dqb.com/  who coach Brady, Brees and Goff.

Yep. Today this is when QBs fix mechanics. That's why the Bills would be smart to not even let Allen throw one pass in a regular season game until next season or later. Give him a chance to have a full offseason as a pro. 

Nate Peterman did and could look completely different this year. But fans soured on him because of his poor rookie season. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts
  • Like (+1) 1