These guys earned benefit of the doubt

I was pulling to get Baker but since that was out don’t really understand the hate for Allen...I understand guys like Jeremy White cause he’s politically to the left of Castro and so is Josh Rosen but he was 6-6 at UCLA and had multiple concussions so  I decided to have an open mind and listen to multiple opinions last night from Jim Miller to Mel Kiper to Phil Simms they all thought Allen was best qb in the draft I guess it’s because people don’t give these guys the benefit of the doubt because of past front office failures 

• Like (+1) 1

They did from a standpoint of getting good value and getting their guys.  But now we have to see how they pan out and obviously that will be the true judge of the success of this draft.  But without doubt they potentially got two very important positions with tons of upside on both sides of the ball where we had an extreme need.   I'm definitely impressed with Beane up to now.  That may change a year or two from now but that is where I am today.

They literally have not.

We had a season like several others over the last 20 years, but made the playoffs because of an absolutely insane once-in-a-lifetime pass by Andy Dalton.

Also, learn to separate politics from football. Your generation keeps trying to bleed your political opinion into sports and it’s mind numbingly annoying. I don’t root for the Bills to listen to your caveman ideologies.

I generally was impressed with McD's coaching last year, even if there is room for improvement in some areas.  I like the way Beane has cleaned up our salary cap situation in one season, but he will be judged on this draft, including, in particular, his selection of Allen.  He likely will have many more drafts, so there will be more to assess over time.  He also will have an opportunity to improve the team significantly in free agency next offseason.  We will need to see the results of all of these efforts before we can say they have earned anything.