(OT) Just pay the damn fine already....

Fruit fine

Rich actors and actresses.... pathetic. Just pay the fine...

274034[/snapback]

That stuff is usually printed on the customs forms that you fill out as you enter the country. Did she think that those regulations did not apply to her, or did she not even bother to read the form when she filled it out? Every country I have entered has something about fruits/meats on the customs forms.

That stuff is usually printed on the customs forms that you fill out as you enter the country

And not only that - they announce it before you land and then there's a HUGE sign as you approach customs about fruits and vegetables.

And not only that - they announce it before you land and then there's a HUGE sign as you approach customs about fruits and vegetables.

274099[/snapback]

Some airlines even show you movies as you are descending, specifically about fruits/meats.

This is all about free publicy, not a $150 fine.  Nothing more than the old Hollywood addage, "I don't care what they say about me, as long as they spell my name correctly."

274181[/snapback]

She doesn't really need any publicity. She just won her second Oscar! :w00t:

I guess what she's trying to teach everyone by fighting this is that celebrities don't have to follow the rules that the rest of us "little people" do. We should know our place and not dare to question them or their judgement at any point. You see she's ALLOWED to have that apple and orange in her bag because she's a celebrity and would never allow a harmful parasite or pest into New Zealand because in addition to being an actress, she's also a microbiologist.

This is all about free publicy, not a $150 fine.  Nothing more than the old Hollywood addage, "I don't care what they say about me, as long as they spell my name correctly."

274181[/snapback]

Publicity for Swank? Or New Zealand? Methinks the latter as Swank has nothing to gain from the publicity, but New Zealand airport people can now say they met 'an honest-to-goodness real American movie star!"

New Zealand airport people can now say they met 'an honest-to-goodness real American movie star!"

They meet quite a few stars and celebrities LA. But they're not impressed by "New Money" folks. People in that part of the world tend to judge others by their character, not their status.

I remember many years ago when Frank Sinatra arrived on stage at the Sydney Opera House 45 minutes late for his concert and visibly drunk. The Aussies just quietly got up and started leaving, just to show him what they thought of his lack of class.

I remember many years ago when Frank Sinatra arrived on stage at the Sydney Opera House 45 minutes late for his concert and visibly drunk. The Aussies just quietly got up and started leaving, just to show him what they thought of his lack of class.

274300[/snapback]

To the Aussies that was a lack of class. To the rest of us that was Frank Sinatra in concert. :w00t:

I think you guys are unfairly all over her. We don't really know anything about the incident--what if she accidentally brought it in? Or she brought it off the plane to throw it in a garbage? I admire her for fighting the fine. I would fight it too--bringing an apple into the country is a $150 fine? That's absurd.

274471[/snapback]

Have you ever travelled abroad? They give you ample warning about bringing in produce. Simply "forgetting" isn't a good enough excuse.