What Do Beane & McDermott Have To Do...

Scorp83

11 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

When I watch Allen over shoot wide open WR's running down the middle of the field, throws with NO anticipation, holds the ball WAY too long, over throw RB's in the flats, throw the ball out of bounds consistently on an Out Route, WITHOUT ANY pressure of his weak competition...i think...there's No way in hell this dude goes in the 1st round! I want to believe our coaching staff is smart... & if they took Allen... Will cause me to question:

do they really know what they're doing or did they just get lucky last year???

Not to mention those wide open target nets from 5 yards away...

Image result for Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen ... I mean, maybe itâs a small target

• Thank you (+1) 1

Out draft the Jets and Dolphins and hopefully the Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Texans, Colts, Titans, Jaguars, Browns, Bengals and Ravens. That way we stay above most of our AFC rivals and can close the gap on the Patriots and Steelers when Brady and Ben retire. 

7 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

This is how I'll feel if they draft Allen. 

Or Mayfield or Rosen or Darnold.

I'll be hopeful but I won't believe. Why would I? Don't believe till you see, but be hopeful, that's my policy.

But according to Peter King and a couple of other folks who canvassed some pro scouts and personnel folks, Allen is #1 or #2 for a lot of them. Allen won't require more work to make me hopeful than any of the others. Fans don't like Allen but the pros do ... and that's much much much better than the other way around.

He's my fourth preference, but fans don't get to see these guys on the whiteboards, or interview them or see the reports from the private eyes or talk to the college coaches to see what reads they might have been supposed to make on what plays ... The pros know more than we do. Which doesn't make them perfect but does make them a ton more informed and knowledgeable.

Exactly. He isn't my choice, but the pros know what they're looking for. 

Allen has the best Wonderlic, by far, and I think that has something to with why the pros like him.  They see that on the interviews and we don't.  

25 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Exactly. He isn't my choice, but the pros know what they're looking for. 

Allen has the best Wonderlic, by far, and I think that has something to with why the pros like him.  They see that on the interviews and we don't.  

They didn't see his tweets he's being scrutinized for. Just because they interview him & we dont doesn't mean the fans can't learn anything on a prospect that the league doesn't know. Obviously someone outside of the 32 NFL teams saw those tweets & made then public. If Beane & McDermott draft this kid, everything about them goes into question. We all see that he's bad! Heck...look on the 1st page at the post where he's CLEARLY missing a 5 yard net!

It's not rocket science & you don't have to work for an NFL team when something is this clear! Now...20 years ago... footage of his mishaps would be for the scouts & GM's eyes only... it's not the case in 2018. People aren't clueless or blind Shaw... come on man...you know this.

Edited by Scorp83