Bandit's Annual Mock

1 hour ago, P51 said:

You could very well be right, no doubt.

IMO Jackson does many things at a high or really high level including plays zone coverage, triggering from zone, press and bail, read and reacts, correctly chooses when to drop coverage naturally while showing route/pattern recognition, is instinctual and has an innate feel for the play as it develops, has situational and field awareness in addition to anticipation skill and high football IQ, trail technique, on field reaction speed, contests the catch point, ability to play on the big stage, his catch radius is good and his ability to deflect passes with one hand when he cant get two on it is all high level, or really high level and has elite eye discipline from zone coverage and elite hands and ball skills. All these things are on the Iowa St., Penn St., Mich St., Minnesota, Ohio St., Wisconsin, and Boston College tape.

He has his warts for sure, and I wouldnt play him in the slot, or in a man based coverage system. I could see Hughes going before him, even though their 40 times are fairly even, Hughes has go get it speed IMO for instance, and has the ability to play pure man and the slot. Their combine numbers go tit for tat... Hughes is smaller with smaller hands and shorter arms (not that Jacksons arm length is stellar) Whats you flavor is what it comes down to the two of them for me, bigger zone ballhawk or shorter more diverse corner ?

I do see those things on tape but I don't necessarily see him do them at a high level. I think Josh Jackson is a solid corner. I think he will be an NFL starter and have a nice career. But I think that is him to be honest, I don't see the elite traits or the upside to have a 1st round grade on him or to believe he is going to be a true difference maker at the next level. 

14 hours ago, TPS said:

Curious as to the trade chart you use? The JJ chart shows the jump from 12 to 7 is 500 points and 22 alone is worth 780. Is his the new market for moving up? Thanks.

I use both Rich Hill's value chart and Johnson's.

On the Hill chart, Buffalo is paying ~45% premium to move up.

On the Johnson chart, Buffalo is paying ~23% premium to move up.

For comparison's sake, let's look at the Jets-Colts trade-up:

On the Hill chart, NYJ paid ~52% premium to move up.

On the Johnson chart, NYJ paid ~24% premium to move up.

Edited by thebandit27

16 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I use both Rich Hill's value chart and Johnson's.

On the Hill chart, Buffalo is paying ~45% premium to move up.

On the Johnson chart, Buffalo is paying ~23% premium to move up.

Thanks. Fortunately, only one more day until the reality. Nice job though.