Rosen/Mayfield and Evans/Vander Esch in round 1

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

One solid game a difference making LB does not make

Looked real good in that game, against Oregon...not exactly a super power, definitely their best competition in his time at Boise State so nice to see him play well against something slightly better than a high schooler. Could care less what a pundit has to say about one game from a player though, nice to see you riding Mayock's jock though, good to have idols. 

Already had several cups of coffee and am very calm, just want nothing to do with Vander Esch unless its in like the third round. Would hate to pass on blue chip prospects for a hope and a dream. 

I will make a mental note of this conversation and we can revisit it in due time. You compared him to Paul P. which is an absolute travesty. Poz was 3 inches shorter and twenty pounds lighter and tested slower and less explosive in every single category than VDE. I don't see how they are comparable.

• Like (+1) 2

I would prefer Vontae Mack at linebacker. Dude is a stud. The only decent play Bo Callahan had against him was when he wasn't on the field! My only concern is that Cleveland is going into the draft with the mindset of "Vontae Mack no matter what." I wouldn't be shocked if Cleveland took him number 1 overall.

Edited by ducej11
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/19/2018 at 7:48 AM, PaattMaann said:

Sub Vander Esch for another defensive front 7  player and I am all aboard that train. His injury concerns worry me and I would rather pass on that in the first round

Not to mention, one year of production, and to me plays kind of soft....more like a "tackle a few yards down the field" type guy. 

Wish I knew what our medical evaluation found. I'm suspicious of this report leaking so close to the draft. Somebody wants him to fall.