So how is my fantasy team?

taterhill

I am in a 12 man league that allows you to choose your formation each week...choices are pro style..QB RB RB WR WR TE, 3 Wide..QB RB WR WR WR TE, Double TE(rarely used) QB, RB RB WR TE TE, 4 Wide..QB RB WR WR WR WR, or Wish Bone..QB RB RB RB WR TE..I will be running the wishbone all weeks except maybe a few bye weeks...

QB..Trent Green, Drew Bledsoe

RB..C Portis, Kevan Barlow, Bryan Westbrook, Jerome Bettis

WR..Plax Burress, Larry Fitzgerald, David Givens, ROy WIlliams, Reggie Williams, Michel Clayton, Anquan Boldin

TE..Kellen Winslow, Bubba Franks

D-Skins

K Stover...

I was the 4th pick in a 12 man league...

Guest Mel Kiper
I am in a 12 man league that allows you to choose your formation each week...choices are pro style..QB RB RB WR WR TE, 3 Wide..QB RB WR WR WR TE, Double TE(rarely used) QB, RB RB WR TE TE, 4 Wide..QB RB WR WR WR WR, or Wish Bone..QB RB RB RB WR TE..I will be running the wishbone all weeks except maybe a few bye weeks...

QB..Trent Green, Drew Bledsoe

RB..C Portis, Kevan Barlow, Bryan Westbrook, Jerome Bettis

WR..Plax Burress, Larry Fitzgerald, David Givens, ROy WIlliams, Reggie Williams, Michel Clayton, Anquan Boldin

TE..Kellen Winslow, Bubba Franks

D-Skins

K Stover...

I was the 4th pick in a 12 man league...

20619[/snapback]

You have one good player...Portis. Other than that, good luck. You don't have a single good wideout (what's up with all the rookies?!?!?!), Trent Green is hit or miss and if he misses, well we all know about your backup. AT TE you have an unproven rookie and a guy on the downside of his career, and MATT STOVER??? That seals it.

That team stinks. I'm not kidding.

Burress is okay, but you dont have a single WR who will even be the #1 guy on his team! (except boldin who will be out for a while)

Green should be allright, but by looking at the rest of your team, it appears you stretched to get him in round 3.

I like Barlow and Portis...Westbrook is decent depth.

TE leaves alot to be desired.

I think you are going to be in trouble this season.

Damn...tell me this is your first time in a fantasy league.....One legitimate star who by the way is coing to a new conference and team....two VERY unproven backs in Barlow and Westbrook and a bag of inexperience at WR with the exception being Plexi-glass....good luck...your gonna need it...Git er Done!

my team I start a 4 wide offense (starters in bold)

QB:Steve Mcnair, Brad Johnson, David Carr

RB: Priest Holmes, Travis Minor

WR: Lovarnous Coles, Santana Moss, Andre Johnson, Donte Stallworth, Marty Booker, Keenan McCardell, Tim Brown

TE: Antonio Gates

PK: Aaron Elling

D: Dallas D

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!

do you people know how to read...I only start ONE WR....chances are one of those guys will produce....

20665[/snapback]

I think your RBs are fine. Not sure why people are bashing Westbrook and Barlow. These are solid guys who are the featured backs on their teams. But clearly you drafted way too many WRs if you are running the bone. You should have been drafting guys like Julius Jones, Steven Jackson, Tatum Bell etc. in those middle/late round instead of stocking up on rookie WRs. If any of your backs go down (Westbrook is the biggest concern), you'll be in trouble.

Damn...tell me this is your first time in a fantasy league.....One legitimate star who by the way is coing to a new conference and team....two VERY unproven backs in Barlow and Westbrook and a bag of inexperience at WR with the exception being Plexi-glass....good luck...your gonna need it...Git er Done!

WR: Lovarnous Coles, Santana Moss, Andre Johnson, Donte Stallworth, Marty Booker, Keenan McCardell, Tim Brown

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!

20766[/snapback]

Good starting team (I love Andre Johnson) but you have zero insurance if Holmes goes down. Minor will be in a RBBC.

I hate to join the chorus here... but you may be in trouble....

Of course I don't know how your draft went, was it live or a list driven draft?

T Green is good, not great as a Fantasy QB...

C Portis better be the star we think he'll be this year or you'll be in trouble.

You'll have decent production out of your TE position.

I don't know if I'd run the Wishbone if I were you, even though you have weak recievers, you may be in better shape only using 2 RB with your team...

are there any starting RB available on waivers?

I also like Wash as a Def.

Here's my team.... I picked 8th of 10 players.... we play 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (WR/RB), 1 K, and 1 Def.

QB - P Manning (D Carr & K Warner on Bench)

RB - C Portis & T Henry (O Smith on Bench)

WR - D Jackson & E Moulds (A Lelie & Lee Evans on Bench)

TE - F Jones

Flex C Brown (RB Tenn)

K - J Brwon

D - Carolina

As you can tell I have trouble avoiding Bills players... :rolleyes:

We had a bizarre live draft as we had Culpepper and Moss taken 2nd & 3rd.... and then there was a run on QB's at the end of the 1st & beginning of the 2nd.... (P Manning was my 2nd pick).

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!

20766[/snapback]

Better hit the waiver wire....Elling got cut by the Vikes. Morton Anderson is their new kicker.

I hope you take criticism well. :rolleyes: Your team is a joke. I hope you didn't have a entry fee of $100. If so, you were the sucker that others brought in just to take their money.

My team is:

QB: S. McNair, D. Bledsoe, J. Plummer

RB: P. Holmes, R. Johnson, C. Brown, R. Dayne

WR: M. Harisson, D. Mason, J. Walker, D. Stallworth

TE: A. Crumpler, D. Graham

K: J. Brown

D: Buffalo (couldn't help being a homer on this pick)

*starters in bold

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!

20766[/snapback]

No clue what the rules of your league are, but if you are in a "flex" league, where you can start RBs or WRs at 2-3 "flex" positions, you're making a HUGE mistake going with 4 WRs. Sure, at the end of the year WRs will put up similar numbers to RBs, but week in week out they're nowhere near as consistant as RBs...and if you're playing head to head consistancy is the key. A Starting RB is going to see 15+ touches a game...your WR might see 1 catch some weeks. A 4 WR offense, no matter how good your WRs are is the recipe for an up and down season. One week you might put up more points than anybody else all season and the get smacked by the worst team in the league because your 4 WR combined for 7 catches, 120 yards and 1 TD.

If given the option ALWAYS go heavy on RBs...well, at least that's the way I see it =)

I agree totally MDH..... RB are the bread and butter of your fantasy team.... A QB can go nuts one week, but can also cost you another week, and WR are just as bad.... primarilly because there's always 2 WR on the field and often more. plus they are competing for receptions with a TE and backs....

Your starting RB will generally have almost twice the touches and every touch is an opportunity for points.

While a WR typically catches the ball for more yards, even the best ones don't get more than 10 chances a game week in and week out (unless your name is Randy and your coach agrees you need the ball).