The Ice storm of 1991

Ice bowl 67

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Now imagine what it would be like if Russia China or best Korea EMP us.

What? :rolleyes::rolleyes: Like that's the least of our problems.

I'd forget how to use stamps and my checking account would be bigger with all the bills I didn't pay and the Asian carp would turnaround & swim backwards.

Sweet!

Yet... I'd have to some how figure out to get that paycheck not direct deposited.  At least I'd be working for the Army. If its anything like getting my renewed Army CaCard to work properly, I am sure everything will go well. The IT equipment @ the Reserve Center CaC office already appears to have been EMP'd.

Trust the process. :P

11 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

'76 was around the time international cable started to deliver service to the eastern 'burbs...the boxes had push switches on them and a remote control was unheard of. My pop got the service for the 20 ,or so,Sabres home games they showed on CH 10.

And to think, Blackhawks fans didn't get that cable contract till 2006! :lol:

Those cable boxes were sweet! 30' cord would reach all over room and across neighborhood.... We'd fight for control, yanking that corded cable controller all around!  Built American tough! :lol:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Us rochester folk remember the windstorm last March more than the 91 ice storm. Last year sucked because on top of being without power, alot of us had no way to charge our phones, and in today's age, not having a phone is like being paralyzed 

On 4/17/2018 at 12:26 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

When was the one in 1991... I would have been in town then... But traveling, I don't seem to remember that event.  ??

That makes two of us...I was renting a upper apt on Wells (Water Authority) at the time...not ringing a bell for me.

On 4/16/2018 at 11:08 PM, Virgil said:

Basements flooded. You couldn’t drive.  Not because the ice, but because everything was so white you couldn’t tell the ground from the horizon and you might have just driven off the road.  

School was cancelled for over a week. Power was out for longer.  

We had a dry basement, kerosene heater, and the back porch was our fridge.

good times 

Yep.....chainsaws for the trees and flooded basement, and a ton of damage....back porch frig worked well tho