Do You Think Its Possible...

I don't mean this as Losman the player, but as Losman as a rookie QB and Free agents might be turned off because they'd prefer to win now and not to come into a situation where they'd have to rely on a rookie qb?

Personally I don't see the big deal, you come to a team because you wanna play and get paid reguardless on who the qb is..but do you think its a possibility, that its playing a role in they're decisions on what teams to go to? or is it all about the money?

Thoughts?

I don't mean this as Losman the player, but as Losman as a rookie QB and Free agents might be turned off because they'd prefer to win now and not to come into a situation where they'd have to rely on a rookie qb?

Personally I don't see the big deal, you come to a team because you wanna play and get paid reguardless on who the qb is..but do you think its a possibility, that its playing a role in they're decisions on what teams to go to? or is it all about the money?

Thoughts?

273296[/snapback]

The players know something you obviously don't: HE'S NOT A ROOKIE

Any rookie QB has no prior training or practice with an NFL team prior to mini camp after the draft. Right now, JP is training every day at Ralph Wilson Stadium, while every rookie QB is nowhere near an NFL supervised schedule. No rookie QB has practiced with veterans or had a team's elder statesman comment on how he was lighting it up against one of the NFL's best Ds in practice last December.

My answer is that no player is worried about playing with 2nd year veteran J.P. Losman.

Thoughts?

273296[/snapback]

Which free agents are you referring to?

The players know something you obviously don't:  HE'S NOT A ROOKIE

Any rookie QB has no prior training or practice with an NFL team prior to mini camp after the draft.  Right now, JP is training every day at Ralph Wilson Stadium, while every rookie QB is nowhere near an NFL supervised schedule.  No rookie QB has practiced with veterans or had a team's elder statesman comment on how he was lighting it up against one of the NFL's best Ds in practice last December. 

My answer is that no player is worried about playing with 2nd year veteran J.P. Losman.

273300[/snapback]

Of course not. They have all read this board and realize that there is NO friggin way JP will not be enshrined in Canton.

They also are sure that the OL will matter little because JP, unlike Drew, can escape any and all pass rush, and make huge plays at will.

If anything, JP attracts free agents.

Of course not. They have all read this board and realize that there is NO friggin way JP will not be enshrined in Canton.

They also are sure that the OL will matter little because JP, unlike Drew, can escape any and all pass rush, and make huge plays at will.

If anything, JP attracts free agents.

273384[/snapback]

Exactly! Which is why TD is free to ignore the OL for another three years - especially now that he's got "The Miracle Worker" Anne Sullivan, er excuse me, Jim McNally here to create a HOF OL out of peanut shells and candybar wrappers. 0:)

Exactly! Which is why TD is free to ignore the OL for another three years - especially now that he's got "The Miracle Worker" Anne Sullivan, er excuse me, Jim McNally here to create a HOF OL out of peanut shells and candybar wrappers.  0:)

273456[/snapback]

"Better get that O-Line in shape Boys!! That's an order!"

Thoughts?

273296[/snapback]

I think what might attract FA players seeking the promised land is the fact that we currently hold the #2 defence in the league and the top ST unit! Not to mention a certain #21 in the backfield that I billieve will lead the league in rushing this season! Add to that JPL's mobility and he, unlike Drew can probably make effective short yardage throws and still has a cannon of an arm to get it downfield when called upon. 0:)

>>>Add to that JPL's mobility and he, unlike Drew can probably make effective short yardage throws and still has a cannon of an arm to get it downfield when called upon.<<<

You could have been describing RJ with the above. JP has proven zero at this point and would certainly not serve as a lure to offensive players.

He made a remark to some little kid at a speech and got 3 pages of praise on this board which is fine, but hardly enough to make a UFA want to come to Buffalo.

That said, players will as a rule follow the cash, thus making the question almost a moot point.

My God, how did we go 9-7 last season ? According to you guys, The Bills have the worst OL in NFL history and maybe the worst team of all time ?  The heck with steroids, I want an investigation into this 9-7 lie.

273592[/snapback]

Our defense and special teams were the only reason we went 9-7. In fact, if we never put the offense on the field, we probably would've gone 14-2 at the very least.

CW

Our defense and special teams were the only reason we went 9-7.  In fact, if we never put the offense on the field, we probably would've gone 14-2 at the very least.

CW

273604[/snapback]

Willis McGahee - carries 284, yards 1128, avg. 4.0, 13 TD's in only 12 starts. Not bad for 3/4th of a season and no OL. The biggest problem with the O was the limited QB who now resides in Dallas.

I agree that the OL still needs to improve and I'm being patient. But the outright hysteria being promoted here does not impress me. Many have their minds already made up concerning the impending failure of Losman, the OL and the inability of our Coaching staff to improve anything. I may be concerned around Labor day, prior to the opener, if problems are SHOWN to be real, through training camp and actual pre-season action.

Declaring certain doom a FACT in mid-March is beyond assinine.

Willis McGahee - carries 284, yards 1128, avg. 4.0, 13 TD's in only 12 starts. Not bad for 3/4th of a season and no OL. The biggest problem with the O was the limited QB who now resides in Dallas.

I agree that the OL still needs to improve and I'm being patient. But the outright hysteria being promoted here does not impress me. Many have their minds already made up concerning the impending failure of Losman, the OL and the inability of our Coaching staff to improve anything. I may be concerned around Labor day, prior to the opener, if problems are SHOWN to be real, through training camp and actual pre-season action.

Declaring certain doom a FACT in mid-March is beyond assinine.

273615[/snapback]

Willis only started 11 games. Travis started the first 4, injured for 5th and started the 6th games of the year. Just helping you keep your facts straight.

Willis only started 11 games.  Travis started the first 4, injured for 5th and started the 6th games of the year.  Just helping you keep your facts straight.

273617[/snapback]

Damn. Where's that middle finger when you need it. ;)

Damn. Where's that middle finger when you need it.  ;)

273620[/snapback]

What for. I was helping you out. Means Willis did better in even less starts. Although your credibility takes a hit, but that has never stopped you before. ;)