Football Perspective: The Trouble With Finding Comparisons For Josh Allen

7 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

That’s not arm talent. That’s regular talent.

Arm talent is a made up term by Trent Dilfer so people like you don’t have to come up with a bunch of categories for a QB’s throwing abilities. Here’s some mind blowing news....a lot of that has more to do with mechanics than it does arm...

Sheep? Yep.

The problem isn't the arm its what's connected to the arms its the brain.  The brain tells the arm what to do . 

Josh Allen comp is Cardele Jones

This cracks me up:

"He’s a potential first overall pick even though scouts know he wasn’t good in college.  I’m of the belief that the draft is an efficient market, so if Allen goes first overall, then I’d wager he’s got a very good chance to turn into a good NFL quarterback.  But I also think the chance that Allen slides significantly in the first round is a lot higher than people think, too.  Until he’s actually drafted, we don’t know how much teams are willing to overlook."

...in other words...

"If he goes high, he'll probably be good... I mean, an NFL GM thought he'd be good, so he probably will be. But if not he's probably going to be bad... I mean, look at all the guys who passed on him!"

Boy... way to really go out on a limb there Chase Stuart! :thumbsup:

I've been arguing the basic premise of this article for weeks now...

except this article only goes as far back as Ryan Leaf.

There hasn't been a QB playing for a relatively small school like Wyoming against crappy competition who's been really mediocre in terms of the way he's played who's been drafted in the top 10 of the 1st round and gone on to have a successful NFL career since Phil Simms was drafted 39 years ago in the 1979 draft.

I think the kid might drop precipitously if Cleveland doesn't take him. Lord I hope they take him... I sure as hell don't want to worry about us taking him.

10 hours ago, CNY315 said:

Cardale Jones

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

The problem isn't the arm its what's connected to the arms its the brain.  The brain tells the arm what to do . 

Josh Allen comp is Cardele Jones

At least Cardale Jones had a stretch of excellent play on the biggest stage against high level competition and won a National Championship...

starting to honestly wonder if that ivory skin isn't helping Allen out immensely 0:)

Edited by transplantbillsfan