SIX Picks within the FIRST 96 in the draft - Loving Life!

Punt75

On 4/4/2018 at 1:11 AM, formerlyofCtown said:

So they are going to get the 3rd best guy for a fact.  Like the Redskins got the second best guy and Seattle got the 5th best QB and Brandon Weeden was better than Wilson and Cousins.  The draft isn't an exact science.  So the best QB from their perspective could actually be terrible.

My main point was maybe they could have got their guy at 6 and saved all those picks.

Doubt it. If they are looking at Allen, Darnold and Rosen, chances are pretty good they go in the top five. Hell, probably the top three. If the Jets hadn't gotten there someone would have. 

Odds are pretty decent those three and Mayfield besides will be gone by #6.

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Doubt it. If they are looking at Allen, Darnold and Rosen, chances are pretty good they go in the top five. Hell, probably the top three. If the Jets hadn't gotten there someone would have. 

We should have broke Alex Smith's legs when we played them.

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I think the top 4 will be gone early too so feel free to take the rest with a grain of salt.

Someone passed along the following mock draft which has the Bills taking Mayfield at 12 and Jackson at 22.  Two QB's and we keep the rest of our picks. I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat.  And then I'd wake up from my dream.

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2018/

48 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I think the top 4 will be gone early too so feel free to take the rest with a grain of salt.

Someone passed along the following mock draft which has the Bills taking Mayfield at 12 and Jackson at 22.  Two QB's and we keep the rest of our picks. I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat.  And then I'd wake up from my dream.

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2018/

I would absolutely love the Mayfield pick at #12. Love it!!! But if we get Mayfield, I'd pass on Jackson. IMHO once you've got the guy you want you have to start building around him.

But as you say, and then we'd wake up. I find it really hard to imagine Mayfield falling past four or five without some team, likely the Bills, trading up for him even if nobody there now would want to pick him.

11 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I would absolutely love the Mayfield pick at #12. Love it!!! But if we get Mayfield, I'd pass on Jackson. IMHO once you've got the guy you want you have to start building around him.

But as you say, and then we'd wake up. I find it really hard to imagine Mayfield falling past four or five without some team, likely the Bills, trading up for him even if nobody there now would want to pick him.

No doubt about the Bills being a team that won't let that happen. It would take a brass set to sit back and hope he falls to 12.