QBs, NFL Draft, Identity Politics (New Poster)

22 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

Apparently you think people don't understand how to read something and understand what the person writing is implying. Speaking in vague terms and using false equivalencies. It's a tactic I've seen used enough times that I am wise to it. It's usually used by people to give themselves a way out during a debate and a way to take a stance without being forced to back that stance up

Another tactic I am wise to is deflection of answers by trying to discredit the debate stating that propaganda is the same thing as asking you show some proof of your  "wonder" about fans use of race in determining their like or dislike of a player. 

"Derailing the topic" by questioning the validity of your claim that Tyrod and now Lamar are being unfairly judged due to their race. That's called engaging in the topic I'm sorry your political ideology doesn't fit with my rebuttals of the claims you proposed.

Well I am glad you had a great source for your next statement "As other posters have pointed out EVERY franchise probably has kkk types, neonazi types, and other cretins embedded in their fan base..." which while statically anyone could probably conclude that, using at as point to lead in to your next arguement is another Tactic I am wise to. It is a way to try and cleverly conclude that there are much larger group of people (other than just the blatant scum racists) that think black QB`s cannot succeed in the NFL only because they are black. While you again make the statement that NFL Starting QBs have their fair share of criticism, you lead in the arguement by stating it is an unfair criticism based on being black. Which again you failed to show proof that their criticism is based on their race. So unlike you tried to say earlier by stating "you NEVER came close" you actually did. 

If you think a review of a QB in which some scout says or doesn't say the "code word" (which apparently is your way implying scouts have code words based on Race) of Pocket Passer "dangerous" with the potential of being "deliberately racist" I feel sorry for you. Oh and again zero facts regarding the "dangerous" use of Pocket Passer or Dual Threat. 

Well thanks for sharing your evaluation of Lamar Jackson and  guess what you'll be happy to hear that there are plenty of scouts that see him that way, but you think based on your extensive scouting knowledge every Scout must say either he is Pocket Passer or not say something that implies he can run as well?

That is why I used the word delusional earlier, Lamar Jackson ran for three THOUSAND yards in the last two years with possible 4.3 speed and you think it's okay to say that it's "dangerous" maybe even "deliberately racist" if some of the people that scout him don't say he only a pocket passer QB? 

As far as Rosen people have a right to question his character it doesn't make it right or wrong. He clearly rubs some people the wrong way and there were reports that came out of UCLA(who knows how true they are or if it was a way for his agent or another teams scout to make sure the browns pass), they have a right to their opinion on him. I personally think he has the highest floor but am very worried about two concussions and other injury history.

Did you really say know your place or pay the price about Rosen? You're kidding right....... the price? He is a clear Top ten pick with potential to go number one in a draft that has not happened yet. Sign me up for paying the price please. Or better yet LeBrons price, I would have movie and book deals and someone I already think is an idiot on Fox news that says they think I should shut up because of my political views(oh the horror). Have you watched main stream media lately they have all chosen sides, to act like Fox News is the only one that does it is extremely naive. 

We dont have time to get into the kapernick james stuff and it should go in ppp. But I'll say a couple things since you brought it up. Saying it's racist or he is being blackballed because of race is also lacking proof, everyone on the the right that is mad says it's due to disrespect of the flag while everyone on the left says it's racist, they are both out of line. I know what kap was trying to say and I don't think he was trying to disrespect the flag, doesn't mean I have to agree with his stances. I will say he didn't help himself with the childlike pig as a cop socks(ya know the MAJORITY of which are underpaid public servants that put their life on the line and are good people) and defending the dictator Castro to a Cuban refugee(pretty hard to bring him to the dolphins last year after that), along with ya know the football and business things involved.

Thirteen.

3 hours ago, CamboBill said:

One reason I have not replied to you much and left you to spar with Murph instead is you have shown a propensity (as many fanatics do) of misrepresenting your targets viewpoints.  It is a common propaganda technique and one which I am wise to. For example, you insist I answer your question "where is your proof of the claims that a large part of fans in Buffalo made there decision on Tyrod based on Race, the media made decisions on Tyrod based on race, and the organization made decisions based on race?"

How can I justify this position when I have NEVER come close to taking it.

Thus your approach is dishonest and suggests you are more interested in derailing the topic rather than engaging it.

My posts have questioned, why so many people cannot say anything positive about Tyrod Taylor ... a lower middle tier QB, with high character, an underdog story, and a gamer who did all he could for the team.  Post after post of Tyrold is trash, thank god he is gone etc. I get that he was not the next Jim Kelly but he was probable the best we have had since, and it is not like we had a replacement tearing things up .... I mean a rookie 5th round pick with a rep for turnovers in college?!

Then I see so many more that are outright dismissive of Lamar Jackson as a prospect, with lazy comparisons like "the next Tyrod" and the "next rg3" and it is enough to make one wonder. So I QUESTIONED how much of an issue people here though race and stereotypes still played in QB perceptions.

On the Internet,  the most fringe tend to be the most vocal, so I am happy I have gotten a good cross section of replies here ... the usual two or three trolls trying to derail the topic is an expected and acceptable price for this.  As other posters have pointed out EVERY franchise probably has kkk types, neonazi types, and other cretins embedded in their fan base... fortunately those numbers are probably quite tiny, a step up from this is a segment that still believes black qbs cannot succeed in the NFL ... and the oft mentioned Russ Wilson and Cam Newton have more than their share of haters.  A lot of these views are probably not deliberately racist but are still dangerous no matter how much code words like "Pocket Passer" are used.  When I look at Lamar Jackson I see a pocket Passer,  high football IQ, with some throwing mechanics issues, and can run like hell.

I am not suggesting that all, or even, most critics of Tyrod or LJ are racist but it would be interesting to see a correlation between the two. At the very least people should be cautious of lazy thinking .... look at how many people dismissed DeShawn Watson last year. How did that work out?

I also raised ROSEN, because as I looked deeply in to each qb candidate  I kept seeing "Character issues" , "soft", "bad fit", "no passion for game" in summaries of Rosen. The deeper I dug all I could find was some anti-trump comments, criticism of NCAA profiteering, and the fact that he kept a hot tub in his flat.  Wow! Such character issues!  Yet mindlessly repeated by media and fans alike. .   Durability, issues aside we should be lucky to have the kid.

We live in an Era where MSM like Fox News tells LeBron James to "shut op and dribble", Kap's career blackballed and ruined for his stance, ... now it's know your place or pay the price to Rosen.

Regardless of what one believes about flag or anthem protests, this is a toxic, and dangerous environment.  Pro sports is at the vanguard of America culture, if these issues cannot be discussed here, where can they be discussed?

I have yet to see a film breakdown of Lamar Jackson where he is critiqued for misreading the field. Plays could be there, but the accuracy problems seem to be primarily linked to  mechanical flaws (too narrow throwing base) that caise overthrows when the proper read was made. But just today Bucky Brooks posted a bunch of quotes from a variety of sources who said their teams were concerned with his ability to process the mental aspects of the game. In comparison, Darnold has thrown lots of interceptions due to miss-reads, but few (if any) are concerned with  his ability to mentally process the game.

Edited by MURPHD6

13 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

I have yet to see a film breakdown of Lamar Jackson where he is critiqued for misreading the field. Plays could be there, but the accuracy problems seem to be primarily linked to  mechanical flaws (too narrow throwing base) that caise overthrows when the proper read was made. But just today Bucky Brooks posted a bunch of quotes from a variety of sources who said their teams were concerned with his ability to process the mental aspects of the game. In comparison, Darnold has thrown lots of interceptions due to miss-reads, but few (if any) are concerned with  his ability to mentally process the game.

I just saw that too. I also saw he only scored a 13 on the wonderlic.   That test is hardly the end of discussion as to football IQ and mental processing, but 13 is pretty low. Josh Allen scored a 37 (tied for 7th in history of test). While one should not put too much emphasis on the wonderlic ,  it's enough for me to consider to drop him to #4 on my QB draft ratings after Allen now.  Let's see how his pro day goes.

Texas most of my life. They loved them some Dak until he did his best Tyrod impersonation last year. I'm pretty far removed from Buffalo as well so idk what the politics are there.. is the city liberal or conservative? I get a conservative vibe. No idea, someone enlighten me.

I definitely don't see a racist vibe.

But I don't think most fans are racist and see Tyrod that way, at least on this board, he simply never stepped up in clutch moments other than that prime time Seahawks game. Sadly I thought that game was his coming out moment. That said the comparisons to Lamar Jackson are incredibly annoying, and I completely agree with you on that point.

For perspective, I'm convinced a decent margin of Panthers fans are for the most part racist, at least at the quarterback position, calling for Cam Newton 's head for Derek Anderson. What in world are they thinking. Just ask that 'confederate states of america' tagline dude from North Carolina. Big time Cam hater.. Cam's an MVP quarterback, and he still gets no love from Panthers fans because he chooses to slam his body towards linebackers to get a TD and plays the next game fresh as a daisy. It's like good rushing plays are bad for black quarterbacks. And Cam loves and embraces the south! Just don't see how you can slam him the way some do.

I was a huge Vick fan when he was on the Falcons growing up. Atlanta loved him pretty sure. Made the game so entertaining, win or lose. Of course he's a dog psychopath now, so he can get whatever karma goes his way lol.

Just my rambling thoughts. TLDR don't be racist folks.

and apologies if I got too political there. 

I like 

Cam Newton 

Warren Moon 

Jameis Winston 

Russell Wilson

Daunte Culpepper 

Aaron Brooks 

Byron Leftwich 

I dislike

Tyrod Taylor 

Vince Young 

Lamar Jackson 

Steve McNair 

Donovan McNabb 

What stage racist am I ? 

1 hour ago, BuffaloSol said:

Apparently you think people don't understand how to read something and understand what the person writing is implying. Speaking in vague terms and using false equivalencies. It's a tactic I've seen used enough times that I am wise to it. It's usually used by people to give themselves a way out during a debate and a way to take a stance without being forced to back that stance up

Another tactic I am wise to is deflection of answers by trying to discredit the debate stating that propaganda is the same thing as asking you show some proof of your  "wonder" about fans use of race in determining their like or dislike of a player. 

"Derailing the topic" by questioning the validity of your claim that Tyrod and now Lamar are being unfairly judged due to their race. That's called engaging in the topic I'm sorry your political ideology doesn't fit with my rebuttals of the claims you proposed.

Well I am glad you had a great source for your next statement "As other posters have pointed out EVERY franchise probably has kkk types, neonazi types, and other cretins embedded in their fan base..." which while statically anyone could probably conclude that, using at as point to lead in to your next arguement is another Tactic I am wise to. It is a way to try and cleverly conclude that there are much larger group of people (other than just the blatant scum racists) that think black QB`s cannot succeed in the NFL only because they are black. While you again make the statement that NFL Starting QBs have their fair share of criticism, you lead in the arguement by stating it is an unfair criticism based on being black. Which again you failed to show proof that their criticism is based on their race. So unlike you tried to say earlier by stating "you NEVER came close" you actually did. 

If you think a review of a QB in which some scout says or doesn't say the "code word" (which apparently is your way implying scouts have code words based on Race) of Pocket Passer "dangerous" with the potential of being "deliberately racist" I feel sorry for you. Oh and again zero facts regarding the "dangerous" use of Pocket Passer or Dual Threat. 

Well thanks for sharing your evaluation of Lamar Jackson and  guess what you'll be happy to hear that there are plenty of scouts that see him that way, but you think based on your extensive scouting knowledge every Scout must say either he is Pocket Passer or not say something that implies he can run as well?

That is why I used the word delusional earlier, Lamar Jackson ran for three THOUSAND yards in the last two years with possible 4.3 speed and you think it's okay to say that it's "dangerous" maybe even "deliberately racist" if some of the people that scout him don't say he only a pocket passer QB? 

As far as Rosen people have a right to question his character it doesn't make it right or wrong. He clearly rubs some people the wrong way and there were reports that came out of UCLA(who knows how true they are or if it was a way for his agent or another teams scout to make sure the browns pass), they have a right to their opinion on him. I personally think he has the highest floor but am very worried about two concussions and other injury history.

Did you really say know your place or pay the price about Rosen? You're kidding right....... the price? He is a clear Top ten pick with potential to go number one in a draft that has not happened yet. Sign me up for paying the price please. Or better yet LeBrons price, I would have movie and book deals and someone I already think is an idiot on Fox news that says they think I should shut up because of my political views(oh the horror). Have you watched main stream media lately they have all chosen sides, to act like Fox News is the only one that does it is extremely naive. 

We dont have time to get into the kapernick james stuff and it should go in ppp. But I'll say a couple things since you brought it up. Saying it's racist or he is being blackballed because of race is also lacking proof, everyone on the the right that is mad says it's due to disrespect of the flag while everyone on the left says it's racist, they are both out of line. I know what kap was trying to say and I don't think he was trying to disrespect the flag, doesn't mean I have to agree with his stances. I will say he didn't help himself with the childlike pig as a cop socks(ya know the MAJORITY of which are underpaid public servants that put their life on the line and are good people) and defending the dictator Castro to a Cuban refugee(pretty hard to bring him to the dolphins last year after that), along with ya know the football and business things involved.

Thank you for at least admitting you are extrapolating what you think I might be saying, rather than what I am actually saying. It is an ugly tactic IMHO. Most of the rest of your post is your usual  obfuscations  and misdirection.  At this point we risk getting into one of those pointless one on one slag fests that nobody wants to read, and frankly I do not have the time for.

On a more positive note, I can relate to some of your comments on Kap.  Personally, I respect that him for taking a stand (or knee I guess). On the other hand his protest was poorly thought out as it had no end game.  As you point out , he hurt his cause by allowing "pig" imagery and other leftist causes to get mixed in to his protest image.  Some of this was deliberate misrepresentation  by the far right, but he did himself no favors by not actively and quickly disassociating himself from the more militants items.

I think (hope) that most reasonable Americans can agree that there is an excessive use of deadly force by our police these days AND that black communities are the most affected by this.   There is a need for true accountability in such instances and I support efforts to get this done.  However, making the message explicitly antipolice or associating anarchists elements within the movement is not going to fly., and rightly or wrongly that is how many seem to perceive BLM now.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I like 

Cam Newton 

Warren Moon 

Jameis Winston 

Russell Wilson

Daunte Culpepper 

Aaron Brooks 

Byron Leftwich 

I dislike

Tyrod Taylor 

Vince Young 

Lamar Jackson 

Steve McNair 

Donovan McNabb 

What stage racist am I ? 

haha super racist! JK, Why Steve McNair and McNabb? McNabb's a Cuse alumn! And he walked on to boeheim's basketball team!

I dislike Daunte Culpepper for the record. Starting to dislike Winston because I always draft him thinking he's going to blow up one season, but he's so so so stupid. Also add Vick to your dislike list pls.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

19 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Texas most of my life. They loved them some Dak until he did his best Tyrod impersonation last year. I'm pretty far removed from Buffalo as well so idk what the politics are there.. is the city liberal or conservative? I get a conservative vibe. No idea, someone enlighten me.

But I don't think most fans are racist and see Tyrod that way, at least on this board, he simply never stepped up in clutch moments other than that prime time Seahawks game. Sadly I thought that game was his coming out moment. That said the comparisons to Lamar Jackson are incredibly annoying, and I completely agree with you on that point.

For perspective, I'm convinced a decent margin of Panthers fans are for the most part racist, at least at the quarterback position, calling for Cam Newton 's head for Derek Anderson. What in world are they thinking. Just ask that 'confederate states of america' tagline dude from North Carolina. Big time Cam hater.. Cam's an MVP quarterback, and he still gets no love from Panthers fans because he chooses to slam his body towards linebackers to get a TD and plays the next game fresh as a daisy. It's like good rushing plays are bad for black quarterbacks. And Cam loves and embraces the south! Just don't see how you can slam him the way some do.

I was a huge Vick fan when he was on the Falcons growing up. Atlanta loved him pretty sure. Made the game so entertaining, win or lose. Of course he's a dog psychopath now, so he can get whatever karma goes his way lol.

Yes, Cam gets a hard time in Carolina and I think race is a big part of that.  I admit, I was slow to warm to him as well, mostly because I saw him selfish and self servicing. That said he is a rrue franchise qb and it is laughable some "fans" think they might be better off with Derek Anderson.

I will let someone else answer your question  about environment in Buffalo as I have not been there in around 20 years. Generally speaking .... politically ... upstate NY runs republican and NYC metro runs dem.  I don't think it has any specific racist reputation, but some national media  like Deadspin have raised the issue IIRC.

You guys need some WR help in Dallas. Hurts might help but Dez needed  more help,  particularly with Zeke out.  What is the feeling on Dak these days? Is he still franchise savior or did the luster wear off after last year?  I am thinking you could get a good young, barely USED QB from UPITT for him hehe.

32 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I like 

Cam Newton 

Warren Moon 

Jameis Winston 

Russell Wilson

Daunte Culpepper 

Aaron Brooks 

Byron Leftwich 

I dislike

Tyrod Taylor 

Vince Young 

Lamar Jackson 

Steve McNair 

Donovan McNabb 

What stage racist am I ? 

Hmm,  I guess then it would boils down to how you felt about Kaepernick who is mixed race.

If you hate only the black part of him you are probably racist

If you hate only the white part you are also racist

ff you hated both sides equally you are a bleeding heart equal opportunity liberal

Happy to solve that question for you.

5 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

Thank you for at least admitting you are extrapolating what you think I might be saying, rather than what I am actually saying. It is an ugly tactic IMHO. Most of the rest of your post is your usual  obfuscations  and misdirection.  At this point we risk getting into one of those pointless one on one slag fests that nobody wants to read, and frankly I do not have the time for.

On a more positive note, I can relate to some of your comments on Kap.  Personally, I respect that him for taking a stand (or knee I guess). On the other hand his protest was poorly thought out as it had no end game.  As you point out , he hurt his cause by allowing "pig" imagery and other leftist causes to get mixed in to his protest image.  Some of this was deliberate misrepresentation  by the far right, but he did himself no favors by not actively and quickly disassociating himself from the more militants items.

I think (hope) that most reasonable Americans can agree that there is an excessive use of deadly force by our police these days AND that black communities are the most affected by this.   There is a need for true accountability in such instances and I support efforts to get this done.  However, making the message explicitly antipolice or associating anarchists elements within the movement is not going to fly., and rightly or wrongly that is how many seem to perceive BLM now.

So analyzing what someone says and critical thinking is an "ugly tactic?" Funny saying that, seems like an ugly tactic I've seen before, which involves playing the victim to shut someone down that has a differing opinion.

Then instead of refuting the points I made in an intelligent way you claim "the rest" of my post was "your usual obfuscations and misdirection." Which is another Tactic known as ad hominem.

Just so we are clear, what you were saying was said in a way that was meant to be vague and take a stance kinda sorta(but not really). I saw that in your first post and called you out on it and then In your previous post you finally did come out and say people judge Cam aND Wilson unfairly on the account of their skin color which meant I was right when I analyzed your first post. So no need to extrapolate there.

But you already knew all that, and we're trying to discredit me in anyway you could so you wouldn't have to debate. 

Well at least you didn't use the ugly tactic know as Red Herring.......Oh wait who brought up police shootings, who brought up kapernick, and who brought up BLM? That for the record belongs in ppp. So even though you said you are done because you could not refute or debate anything I said in either of the two posts. If you realize your mistake and deflection tactics I am still here to listen but BLM and cop shootings go to far on this portion of TBD.

8 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

Yes, Cam gets a hard time in Carolina and I think race is a big part of that.  I admit, I was slow to warm to him as well, mostly because I saw him selfish and self servicing. That said he is a rrue franchise qb and it is laughable some "fans" think they might be better off with Derek Anderson.

I will let someone else answer your question  about environment in Buffalo as I have not been there in around 20 years. Generally speaking .... politically ... upstate NY runs republican and NYC metro runs dem.  I don't think it has any specific racist reputation, but some national media  like Deadspin have raised the issue IIRC.

You guys need some WR help in Dallas. Hurts might help but Dez needed  more help,  particularly with Zeke out.  What is the feeling on Dak these days? Is he still franchise savior or did the luster wear off after last year?  I am thinking you could get a good young, barely USED QB from UPITT for him hehe.

They're not big Dak fans. Even calling for Romo out of retirement haha. But pretty overreactionary just like any other fan base. And I hate the cowbows FWIW it ain't "you guys" with me haha.

Dez is really overrated, looked good with Romo, but can only run 2 routes, and Dak doesn't like those routes. Which is fair, I'd be annoyed at my #1 having such a limited route tree on top of being a head case. And yeah, no Zeke really messed things up. Dak had a completely different offense than his rookie year for most of the season. Sounds like Jerry is actually being smart and making those adjustments. So bad series of events for Dak, but still a sophomore slump. Short of RGIII, a lot of top tier QBs after their rookie year have a few ups and downs before they really start going. I mean it's pretty hard to expect him to repeat as amazing of a year he had rookie season. It was so good I wouldn't be surprised if he ever tops it again. Still a franchise QB obviously.

Sign me up for Dak for Pete straight up.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

So analyzing what someone says and critical thinking is an "ugly tactic?" Funny saying that, seems like an ugly tactic I've seen before, which involves playing the victim to shut someone down that has a differing opinion.

Welcome to your first TBD fight Cambo. Not reading those long posts lol no dog in that fight. It's part of the hazing process.. forever. I got called a keyboard warrior for saying Pete shouldn't have thrown off his back foot while getting nailed. But nooooo he's a tough SOB, and I'm just a big kitty cat.

10 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

They're not big Dak fans. Even calling for Romo out of retirement haha. But pretty overreactionary just like any other fan base. And I hate the cowbows FWIW it ain't "you guys" with me haha.

Dez is really overrated, looked good with Romo, but can only run 2 routes, and Dak doesn't like those routes. Which is fair, I'd be annoyed at my #1 having such a limited route tree on top of being a head case. And yeah, no Zeke really messed things up. Dak had a completely different offense than his rookie year for most of the season. Sounds like Jerry is actually being smart and making those adjustments. So bad series of events for Dak, but still a sophomore slump. Short of RGIII, a lot of top tier QBs after their rookie year have a few ups and downs before they really start going. I mean it's pretty hard to expect him to repeat as amazing of a year he had rookie season. It was so good I wouldn't be surprised if he ever tops it again. Still a franchise QB obviously.

Sign me up for Dak for Pete straight up.

Yea, I hate the Cowboys too .... almost as much as the Patriots,  and that is hard to do.  Dak will be OK,  but not elite as everyone his rookie year tried to make him.  I would not mind him in Buffalo too. Never been a huge Dez fan though. Immense talent when he feels like it, but that is not often enough.  You are right about his limited route tree too.

3 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

Yea, I hate the Cowboys too .... almost as much as the Patriots,  and that is hard to do.  Dak will be OK,  but not elite as everyone his rookie year tried to make him.  I would not mind him in Buffalo too. Never been a huge Dez fan though. Immense talent when he feels like it, but that is not often enough.  You are right about his limited route tree too.

no team/player hatred comes close to my Patriots hate.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

Then instead of refuting the points I made in an intelligent way you claim "the rest" of my post was "your usual obfuscations and misdirection." Which is another Tactic known as ad hominem.

Just so we are clear, what you were saying was said in a way that was meant to be vague and take a stance kinda sorta(but not really). I saw that in your first post and called you out on it and then In your previous post you finally did come out and say people judge Cam aND Wilson unfairly on the account of their skin color which meant I was right when I analyzed your first post. So no need to extrapolate there.

But you already knew all that, and we're trying to discredit me in anyway you could so you wouldn't have to debate. 

Well at least you didn't use the ugly tactic know as Red Herring.......Oh wait who brought up police shootings, who brought up kapernick, and who brought up BLM? That for the record belongs in ppp. So even though you said you are done because you could not refute or debate anything I said in either of the two posts. If you realize your mistake and deflection tactics I am still here to listen but BLM and cop shootings go to far on this portion of TBD.

Consistently trying to put words in people's mouth under the guise of "analysis"  is not only an ugly tactic, it suggests you do not really understand what analysis means. I will leave it that that.  Not much into forum bickering, which seems to have been your "contribution" to this thread from the start.

10 hours ago, CamboBill said:

Consistently trying to put words in people's mouth under the guise of "analysis"  is not only an ugly tactic, it suggests you do not really understand what analysis means. I will leave it that that.  Not much into forum bickering, which seems to have been your "contribution" to this thread from the start.

And what do you know an insult again. You're saying I don't know what analysis means because it's uncomfortable for you to speak in direct terms? Also, I clearly didn't put words in your mouth, you wrote them out when you said Cam and Russell are treated differently because of their skin color, I said that's the type of stance you were taking before you took it "officially" on the board. Do you understand now that I analyzed your original post and made a statement based on that? It's not my fault you slipped up while hiding under the guise of an unbiased observer. 

And since you must keep missing it, avoiding it, deflecting the conversation from it, I had rebuttals and asked for information from you had regarding the stances you took. Well I guess you only "full on admitted" to the cam and Russell Stance when you slipped up. The only deflection tactic from actually debating I think you have left is going silent by not responding to me, that's what the other guy did or maybe finding an error in my Grammer(darn you already used that with the analysis thing)

Edited by BuffaloSol

4 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Cam Newton hate is on par with the notorious Rush Limbaugh rant about Donovan McNabe.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MURPHD6 said:

Cam Newton hate is on par with the notorious Rush Limbaugh rant about Donovan McNabe.

Who's that NC State screen name with the Confederate tagline that's always going on about how cam sucks

Oh yeah it's Boyst lol

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, CamboBill said:

I keep suggesting that you start a thread on Cambodia in the the non-football part of this forum so as not to go too far off topic. That said your more recent post is a bit less trolling so I will offer a reply here. I am quite familiar with the link you cite ... it is funny, written tongue in cheek but also with some truth to it.  The link is now 5 years old. 10 to 15 years ago Sihanoukvville (Cambodia's only ocean front city) was a notorious den of Russian mobsters on the run, drug and arms dealers, pedophiles and other assorted predators. Most expats here view it as a s#&thole.  As the Russian economy crashed, most of the mobsters left but 5 to 6  years ago (as the link you provide indicates) after the latest Thai military coup, there was a crackdown on the many visa overstayers in the Sexpat city of Pattaya which caused a temporary influx of Sexpat refugees from there.  However,  since then, Sihanoukvville (as has much of urban Cambodia) has gentrified   Almost all of the coastline property has been sold to Chinese investors who are converting the entire city into a casino town replete with its own airport, and chartered flights to China.  Most of the Sexpat refugees from Thailand  have either found ways to stay in Pattaya or given up and gone home.  From the Russian mob capital of SEA to 2  years of sex tourist refugee center to a Chinese casino town. All In 10 years. That is progress in Sihanoukvville.

That is interesting. I am glad they are doing something to help those people. I hope they keep going with it.

At some point in the near future I will make a post about quarterbacking etc that offers a different idea about it in case you will be interested. The header will Read "Frankly Speaking........"

5 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

That is interesting. I am glad they are doing something to help those people. I hope they keep going with it.

At some point in the near future I will make a post about quarterbacking etc that offers a different idea about it in case you will be interested. The header will Read "Frankly Speaking........"

As elsewhere around the world, the locals (other than the wealthy property owners) get very little benefit from Chinese investment.   They tend to bring in their own labor for much of the construction so not that many jobs are created and they make little effort to engage with local communities.  Access to coastline is privatized meaning many can no longer easily access any beach.  Paid for by Chinese,  made by Chinese, and made for Chinese as the casinos target Chinese mainlanders who cannot Gamble inside China, and thus take Gambling oriented holidays.  A Khmer (indigenous Cambodian) friend of mine mentioned he now could not even find a decent lunch spot on the coast anymore as all the restaurants cater to Chinese only and lack Khmer speaking staff and Khmer food  The price of progress I guess.

I will hit your new thread if I see it.

On 3/29/2018 at 8:10 PM, BadLandsMeanie said:

Anyway, how does one follow the draft in other parts of the world I wonder? How much news lag is there? We will know as it happens thank goodness.

As I mentioned to another poster ... other than the Internet in general   I rely on NFL  game pass international.  $200 or so annual subscription gets you all games preseason and post season, draft, combine, NFL Channel etc.  Pretty good deal. With a 12 hour time difference I usually watch all the night games over breakfast. As to Bills game, I watch them live when I can hack staying up all night .... or I watch VOD before checking scores  when I get up in morning.

Edited by CamboBill

On 3/28/2018 at 7:42 AM, CamboBill said:

Thanks. I like Rosen too but fear he might be the next Sam Bradford.

My rankings:

1) D'arnold  floor: Andy Dalton  Ceiling: Eli Manning

2) Rosen flloor: Sam Bradford  Ceiling: Phil Rivers

3) Jackson: Floor: Vince Young  Ceiling:  Steve Young

4) Allen  Floor: B Bortles  Ceiling:  Ben Rothlusberger

5) Mayfield. Floor: Case Keenum  Ceiling: D Brees

But I could live with any.

I think Jackson's ceiling is Eagles Michael Vick. Vick on the Eagles worked so well for that one season or two. He was dynamic yet smart with his legs and a much more willing passer and capable of establishing his passing ability early in games.