Mcdermott OT vs Indy in snow. Poll!

Mcdermott OT punt vs Indy in snow. Poll!  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with that punt in OT?

• Yes. We won the game. Mcdermott is a genius! He played the percentages.
    • No. A tie did us nothing. Luckily D held them off and Deonte Thompson made a miracle catch from Webb. Im still not sure why he punted.
    • We made the playoffs. Who cares?!

11 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I really like McDermott but I don't think he'll ever have the guts to pull moves like Petersen did in the Super Bowl 

That’s definitely his flaw. The Jacksonville game is an example of playing right into the opponents hand by being too conservative.

Results based business and he got the desired result.  I don't think we should micromanage or second guess decisions when the immediate result was that the game was won and the long term result was that win was part of a playoff season. 

Can't say it was the wrong call when it worked.  I disagreed with it at the time but that doesn't really matter.  The Bills won that is what mattered.  Playing hypothetical that he should have done something else removes a guarantee win and makes it questionable.  What if they had been stopped?  What if they turned it over?  All of those things come back in play.  As it stands he made a call, it worked, they won.  Anything else is just guessing.