Why Does Everyone Here Think NYG is taking a QB at #2...Analysts Say Otherwise

8 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Its entirely possible, but let’s hope for a miracle

Maybe, it makes sense.  Of course, this goes against everything that’s been reported.  That’s like me saying I’m certain the Browns will draft B Chubbs at #1.

No, it's not.

Edited by OJABBA

You give Eli a RB like Barkley and that offense turns into a monster. Use every other pick on the OL if you have to. The defense will be fine. Eli hasn't had a RB this good in his entire career. It will open that whole offense back up. 

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

You're close.... the Giants want a specific player and any move must give them the chance at that player. It's not necessarily a QB. 

I think it's Barkley, so they won't trade down unless the Brown's take him #1 which I thought was going to happen and then they'd taken Allen or Darnold at 4. 

3 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I don’t get the draft experts here at Two Bills drive.  Nearly everyone is projecting that the Giants are taking at #2.  Funny because everything I’ve read says the opposite.  The consensus from the media is that Gettleman doesn’t want to draft a QB.  He thinks the Giants can win now and will be looking to find players who can contribute immediately.  That’s why you see them linked to Nelson or Barkley or Chubb.  These guys are day 1 starters who probably can play at a high level right off the bat.

Sure there’s still a chance they can draft a QB at #2 but it’s far from certain as many of you make it sound.

If the analysts had any kind of track record they would be working for a NFL team.  Other than maybe Kiper I am sure that the paycheck would have to be better working in a NFL team front office versus being a blogmeister for ESPN, CBS, etc..

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It could if it’s next year’s 1st plus both 2018 1sts.

Keep going.  The Giants will not accept a call from Beane for three firsts from where we currently sit.  The three firsts and three seconds might make their ears tingle.

39 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I think it's Barkley, so they won't trade down unless the Brown's take him #1 which I thought was going to happen and then they'd taken Allen or Darnold at 4. 

I still think the Browns take Barkley at one but if he is there at 2 then the Giants have to seriously think about him.