Who is the better bridge qb Tyrod or AJ McCarron?

6 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I will base this step by step from college to present. 

College: AJ McCarron was easily the better college player.

Time as a back up QB: AJM won 50% of his games as a back up and should've won the playoff game vs the Steelers. 

Taylor really didn't get much playing time and his trade value while with the Ravens was never talked about. Winner AJM.

At present Taylor has started 3 years in Buffalo and has ranked in the bottom 5 teams in passing yards for all 3 years. Their are a 100 other stats I could bring up but I will say his overall view as a QB is below average.

AJM has always been behind Andy Dalton, he has played well when Dalton has been injured. My opinion of AJM is that he will be the best QB out of all the FA QB's. I think he will be a upgrade over Taylor and is the better QB.

That is quite an endorsement for McCarron.  I hope you are right.

18 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Go watch tape of AJM and Tyrod throws. I think Tyrod actually throws a much better ball than him. It is overblown that Tyrod is not able to throw the ball. I think the issue was 1) Tyrod seemed to hesitate more the past couple years. Was this all on him? Coaching? Lack of WR's and comfort with them? 2) Playcalling - way to predictable and conservative. 3) Weapons? No #1 WR and really not even legit #2, at least healthy ones.

Go look at AJM tape. He is not he most accurate guy and does not have a ton of arm strength.  I see a lot of N Peterman in him. Without some help from WR/TE's in CInci I think AJM would not even be talked about. 

We disagree. I never said TT couldn't throw the ball. I said he didn't throw the ball, and this is a necessary thing for QB's to succeed. He was way to hesitant and looked to be afraid to let it rip unless the Wr was wide open and even then he still didnt throw it enough. We will see what AJ brings to the table but we are paying him back up $ so i dont know why people are so butt hurt. We are drafting a QB to be the future in this draft. If McCarron is crap the rookie will play sooner. If he is good, even better! Also i am not ready to judge AJ yet as he has been a back up in the league to this point. Just like TT was when we brought him in for competition to be the starter 3 years ago.

4 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

Mc Beane set this up for an epic fail.....they don't have any talent except at secondary which thank goodness he could not mess up.......QB got on the cheap , traded valuable picks for two broken down receivers. This regime is over their head when the losses come in buckets because of our good ole boy drafting the pitch forks will come out. We need quality football players and to date we got older, lighter( in more ways than one) ,and talent drained in fact we   went down in quality across the board  based on every thing they touched so far.2-14 here we come Buffalo Browns 

Not a fan of the new regime?  They are restructuring the entire team to fit their vision.  Have some patience.  It will take a little time.

10 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I will base this step by step from college to present. 

College: AJ McCarron was easily the better college player.

Time as a back up QB: AJM won 50% of his games as a back up and should've won the playoff game vs the Steelers. 

Taylor really didn't get much playing time and his trade value while with the Ravens was never talked about. Winner AJM.

At present Taylor has started 3 years in Buffalo and has ranked in the bottom 5 teams in passing yards for all 3 years. Their are a 100 other stats I could bring up but I will say his overall view as a QB is below average.

AJM has always been behind Andy Dalton, he has played well when Dalton has been injured. My opinion of AJM is that he will be the best QB out of all the FA QB's. I think he will be a upgrade over Taylor and is the better QB.

Tyrod Taylor was the ACC player of the year. McCarron won more in college but probably wasn’t the better college player.

McCarron won half of his starts in the NFL with a talented team. Tyrod Taylor is 23-20 with worse talent.

McCarron has averaged 184 yards passing in his starts. Tyrod averaged 201 in Buffalo.

The truth is important. McCarron has certainly played less but at the present time he is a worse player.

• Like (+1) 1

Until we see more of McCarron do we really know? Tyrod is a great athlete but he isn’t a good QB.  Poor sight, poor accuracy and poor decisions. Only thing he did good was run and not turnover the ball.  But him playing safe way too much was the reason he never turned the ball over.