Now Alexander is on the trading block

ganesh

I hope Edge....He doesn't scare me. I think he's a product of a wide open passing offense....ALEXANDER on the other hand...is a constistant stud. If Willis didn't work out, I'd have given my right nut for Alexander.

If Alexander were to leave, maybe Seattle will pick up Henry...Or even Indy for that matter.....

TD's patience with TH will pay off eventually......

I hope Edge....He doesn't scare me.  I think he's a product of a wide open passing offense....ALEXANDER on the other hand...is a constistant stud.  If Willis didn't work out, I'd have given my right nut for Alexander.

If Alexander were to leave, maybe Seattle will pick up Henry...Or even Indy for that matter.....

TD's patience with TH will pay off eventually......

270652[/snapback]

Alexander didn't do squat against the Bills this past year.

Alexander is worth a first rounder any day of the year. And Edge is worth at the least a early second. I don't buy any of this.

270625[/snapback]

i agree.........i think both teams want more then a 2nd for their RB's.........and i don't see either getting moved........

Alexander didn't do squat against the Bills this past year.

270677[/snapback]

Agreed.....but our defense was solid and Hasselback was still hurt (broken/fractured leg?) That lead to us just having to key on Alexander....

For not having a good team around him, I still think Alexander is the man....at least better then the Edge....

i agree.........i think both teams want more then a 2nd for their RB's.........and i don't see either getting moved........

270687[/snapback]

Surtain is on the block, and remember what the Dolphins corners did against Brady late in the season. Dont tell me Dungy wouldn't kill to get that type of D against NE.

Agreed.....but our defense was solid and Hasselback was still hurt (broken/fractured leg?)  That lead to us just having to key on  Alexander....

For not having a good team around him, I still think Alexander is the man....at least better then the Edge....

270691[/snapback]

Good point. I'd much rather see Edge go to Miami than Alexander. Put a better team around that kid and he will rise to the top of the RB world.

Surtain is on the block, and remember what the Dolphins corners did against Brady late in the season. Dont tell me Dungy wouldn't kill to get that type of D against NE.

270696[/snapback]

But Surtain also wants to renegoitiate his contract and with the kind of

money doled to the Lucas's and Henry's I don't think the Colts have that

kind of cash to give Surtain.

Good point. I'd much rather see Edge go to Miami than Alexander. Put a better team around that kid and he will rise to the top of the RB world.

270715[/snapback]

edge performed very well against the bills in buffalo in 2003, as i recall. he's an excellent, excellent player who could have rushed for 1800 yards this year if the offense wasn't so wide open.

It wasn't the corners. It was the pass rush. You know like Taylor nailed Brady and Brady throwing a retarded INT while almost on his back. But I think that the Colts would entertain trading for Surtain and a pick.

Oh and yeah, what a crappy year to try and trade a RB! I don't consider Travis to be as good as James and Alexander, and if they're going for 2nd rounders, Travis won't get anything higher than a 3rd. But such is life in such a fluky market.

edge performed very well against the bills in buffalo in 2003, as i recall. he's an excellent, excellent player who could have rushed for 1800 yards this year if the offense wasn't so wide open.

270732[/snapback]

No doubt. I'm just picking the lesser of the long-term evils.

It has dawned on me that a player such as Alexander or Edge are a lot like a nice piece of real estate trying to be unloaded prior to foreclosure in a seller's market: the seller may put the value low, but if enough people go after the property, the price will surely go up.

The things Seattle and Indy are saying about what they'd take for their backs means nothing until that is exactly what they get for them.

I'm one who thinks getting a draft choice for Henry is worthless this year and being a future is now kind of guy getting a speculative risky future draft pick (even a higher one) ain't much in terms of value.

I think TD is right on target refusing to trade Henry unless we get a good return for him and a good return to me is not a draft pick its a vet at a need position (Henry for Shelton would be great though it looks unlikely, Henry for the Fins McMichael would be superb and is only even possible because he is an FA after next season he Fins will have cap difficulty resigning and Henry is not an FA until after next season as well but shouldd command less than McMichael and the Fins don't have a second this year anyway).

Its obviously heading toward time for the Bills and Henry to think seriously about mending fences and Henry playing his way to the FA contract he wants as a back-up to WM. This will be a semi-hard employee management task for the Bills to fulfill TDs words of wanting him to come back, but sucking it up as a back-up to WM may be the only choice in Henry's interests.

Many posters seem to dislike Henry big time, but he has no contractual option to sit out the season as he would not accrue FA time. Were he to simply punch the clock but not play hard, it will give him a second consecutive season of non-productivity and hurt his market value big time. Further, we he to simply pout and not play hard as a WM back-up he would harden his rep as a cancer which will hurt his negotiating ability for the new contract and also cause the word among the players to be that Henry as a teammate will not watch your back.

Henry has demonstrated that he is a pliable sole, as shown by him getting into financial trouble that TD and the Bills took advantage of by getting him for another season for NFL chump change. However, rather than his pliability being a problem for the Bills he has clearly taken advice to shut up when his words after the WM drafting expressed discontent.

Posters need to understand and address that even though they are not comfortable with Henry as the Bills starting RB

(due to in my mind false thoughts that he is a horredous receiver- he took in over 40 catches in 2002 when he was used this way and fewer in 2003 when the Kevin Killdrive O went south and though he has some high profile drops look at quality receivers like Moulds and tell me what player never drops the ball, his droppsies are no where near the issue is has been for players like Moulds or Reed, they get thrown to more but their droppsies were bigger issues in my book, that he is horrendous at blitz pick-up compared to WM- blitz pick-up was an issue for Henry as it is for almost all rookies in 2001 but was not something folks worried about in 02 and 03 until folks began looking for issues in 04. Even as far as WM being better at this I remember him struggling like all rookies early last season and as the season progressed it was less of a problem for WM primarily because his outside run success [which is far better than Henry's] backed out LBs from commiting to the blitz against him)

that a true assessment of Henry is not whether he is a viable #1 (he is not compared to WM) but is he is a viable #2. These two jobs and roles are different and I am quite comfortable with Henry as my #2 RB even if i have dioubts about him as my #1 RB.