Trade Scenario Depending on the NY Giants

H2o

23 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Signing a 29 year old Cousins and then drafting a 1st round QB doesn't make much sense at all.  With Bradford it does. 

As implied before and I will make it clear somebody could do it as an "investment" and also as a hedge if Cousins or whomever suffered a career ending injury early into a contract.  As said before a team under those circumstances will not have a great deal of need at other positions or at least identify other prospects on their board as clearly inferior.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

As implied before and I will make it clear somebody could do it as an "investment" and also as a hedge if Cousins or whomever suffered a career ending injury early into a contract.  As said before a team under those circumstances will not have a great deal of need at other positions or at least identify other prospects on their board as clearly inferior.

I don't believe it would be practical or plausible in the 2018 NFL. 

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:
Greg Gabriel @greggabe 1m1 minute ago
After the 1st week of FA the whole QB landscape in the draft draft could change. @SI_PeterKing in MMQB today said there is belief that Giants will pass on QB at 2. I don’t think Browns take a QB at 1. Been saying it for weeks

ProFootballTalkVerified account @ProFootballTalk 2h2 hours ago
Jets reportedly are willing to pay "whatever it takes" to get Kirk Cousins https://wp.me/p14QSB-axun 
"

According to Rich Cimini of ESPN.com, the Jets are “willing to pay whatever it takes” to get him.

This report comes amid a belief that the Jets may be willing to fully guarantee Cousins’ deal"

A belief as opposed to a statement by the Jets organization.  The same with the Giants.  Talk is cheap when it comes to sports media personalities and their "beliefs."  Most of their beliefs are designed to get simple minded folk to click onto articles without a grain of proof as to what is being said.  Also, in a lot of instances it is hometown fanboys hoping to steer their preferred team.

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

A belief as opposed to a statement by the Jets organization.  The same with the Giants.  Talk is cheap when it comes to sports media personalities and their "beliefs."  Most of their beliefs are designed to get simple minded folk to click onto articles without a grain of proof as to what is being said.  Also, in a lot of instances it is hometown fanboys hoping to steer their preferred team.

Hey just posting what I saw on Twitter and a quick snap shot of info...This is the time of the year to not believe much of anything. We will know much more once FA starts...

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Hey just posting what I saw on Twitter and a quick snap shot of info...This is the time of the year to not believe much of anything. We will know much more once FA starts...

I don't hate you for passing it on.  Just criticizing media clowns who claim to know more than the rest of us.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2018 at 1:04 PM, PolishDave said:

That would be Brownsy and also nutso cuckoo!

There has to be one QB that the Browns like more than any of the other ones.    If that guy is one of the top talked about prospects, then they are nuts to not take him at 1 unless they trade up and take him at 2.

Well the talking heads seem to agree with me on this.

They said the same thing during the combine coverage.

Draft SB first and take the QB at 4 because the best RB will gone by 4.

I just heard Mayock at the combine say the Giants need an oline more than any other glaring hole. We offer the 21 22 and Glenn does it get the trade done? That's 3 starters for trading the spot. If I'm Gettleman I do that deal and if it it happens for the Bills it will be at 2.

Edited by BeefCurtns

4 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

I just heard Mayock at the combine say the Giants need an oline more than any other glaring hole. We offer the 21 22 and Glenn does it get the trade done? That's 3 starters for trading the spot. If I'm Gettleman I do that deal and if it it happens for the Bills it will be at 3.

It's just an opinion versus a statement from the Giants' FO on the matter.  People need to cool off on media personalities spouting opinions.

15 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

It's just an opinion versus a statement from the Giants' FO on the matter.  People need to cool off on media personalities spouting opinions.

I just use the fact that McBeane both know Gettleman as the most plausible spot to jump up. Personally I still think it's too much to give up when both sides of the ball look like Swiss.