Bills hire Terry Robiskie as WR coach

YoloinOhio

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, according to his bio, he played in the NFL 5 years then took a position coaching.  If we assume he graduated at 22, he'd have been 27 as a coach with Oak.

Can't say as to why he looked old, apparently he wasn't

His first photo w/ the Raiders in '82 ... 

image.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....but the "One and Done Gang" officially labeled him a bust...they already declared the "Peterman era ( era-a long and distinct period of history with a particular feature or characteristic) over.......hell, I'm thinkin' our 1st round QB draftee throws two picks in seven on seven TC and is outta here......tough crowd.....Robey was declared a BUST for getting burned in a PRE-SEASON game......

Okay I've seen you post this numerous times so I will bite (again)

Why does Peterman deserve an era.  He was drafted in the 5th round.  I laid out in another thread 5th rounders with the Bills and how nobody was heartbroken when they were cut often without even seeing the field.  Here is something you might find interesting.  It lays out draft picks and time with teams.  5th rounders make year 1 at 81% of the time and only 56% of the time in year 2.  By year 3 they are down to 37%.  If and it is a huge if Peterman was successful he would be the outlier for his draft position.   There is no Peterman era.  Zay Jones showed flashes of ability to play in the regular season Peterman looked kind of sort of decent in preseason.  The only reason people aren't ready to move on from him is he is white and not named Tyrod Taylor.  He hasn't shown anything that should make people think maybe with time he will be something.  Sure it's a possibility that he makes the greatest 180 in the history of the NFL but I for one wouldn't bet on it.

as an aside it wasn't Robey it was Darby that a very vocal MINORITY was screaming about being a bust in preseason.  When the real bullets flew everyone shut up quickly.

On topic I like this hire.  I love when coaches get hired at a lower level than they have been previously.  Usually the Peter principle correcting itself.  You see it when coordinators get HC jobs and fail only to return to success as a coordinator.  Nice to see some experience to mix with the youth.  

Edited by section122

1 minute ago, section122 said:

Okay I've seen you post this numerous times so I will bite (again)

Why does Peterman deserve an era.  He was drafted in the 5th round.  I laid out in another thread 5th rounders with the Bills and how nobody was heartbroken when they were cut often without even seeing the field.  Here is something you might find interesting.  It lays out draft picks and time with teams.  5th rounders make year 1 at 81% of the time and only 56% of the time in year 2.  By year 3 they are down to 37%.  If and it is a huge if Peterman was successful he would be the outlier for his draft position.   There is no Peterman era.  Zay Jones showed flashes of ability to play in the regular season Peterman looked kind of sort of decent in preseason.  The only reason people aren't ready to move on from him is he is white and not named Tyrod Taylor.  He hasn't shown anything that should make people think maybe with time he will be something.  Sure it's a possibility that he makes the greatest 180 in the history of the NFL but I for one wouldn't bet on it.

as an aside it wasn't Robey it was Darby that a very vocal MINORITY was screaming about being a bust in preseason.  When the real bullets flew everyone shut up quickly.

....differing opinions so noted..............and how skin color makes a damn bit of difference is beyond my pay grade...SMH..........

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....differing opinions so noted..............and how skin color makes a damn bit of difference is beyond my pay grade...SMH..........

Not above your pay grade you are just smart enough to not have it effect your opinion :thumbsup: However you can't think that it doesn't color some people's opinions.  Again the same vocal minority that I spoke about in my last post.

I am open to hearing what you liked about Peterman though and why he deserves an era.  God knows if I'm wrong about him it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about someone!