Predict outcomes for the 2018 QB class

Zerovoltz

Josh Allen - BUST. This guy is Rob Johnson, Paxton Lynch, etc.. every QB where scouts gush over physical tools and not the artwork or lack there of.

Darnold -  HIT.  I think regardless of the situation his floor is that of Joe Flacco pre ACL tear (he hasn't been the same since) and potentially could be a ceiling like a Philip Rivers. Either way your getting a guy who will keep you set at QB for 10 years and for a team like CLE I think that'd be huge.

Rosen - 50/50 depends on who drafts him. Talent is there but how will his bravado be received. I would love a QB like him but some GMs fear this kind of player and what it could do locker room wise. Frankly a team like the Giants nabbing him and having him sit to learn behind Eli would be perfect and I would expect him to do well. But on the inverse send him to the Jets and have him start right away and he flames out.

Mayfield - HIT.  Whatever team drafts him that entire division will be hating him for 10-15 years. Reminds me of a young Brett Farve in terms of confidence and I could see him project as a Steve McNair type potential just hopefully longer career.

Lamar Jackson - 50/50 depends on who drafts him. I think with the right coach and team he could develop into a solid starter that is like Alex Smith. But I think he needs a year to sit and if a team like Arizona were to draft him and start him right away he will flame out.

Mason Rudolph- 50/50 depends on who drafts him. I have been up and down on him all year yet compare his stats and style and he is pretty similar to Derek Carr in college. He is someone who a year of seasoning on the bench would do wonders for and if he can manage to be drafted in the 2nd round would have far less pressure. But I just see him getting drafted in the Top 20 but someone who is going to reach and from there he better hope he has some good WR's and an OC that can put him in a solid scheme otherwise could be a flame out.

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zerovotlz said:

That trade is viewed as "good" so far.  Ragland of course was still coming of the injury when he got here (to KC) but got better as season progressed.  Had some moments where he flashed, and we could see the potential.  We anticipate that he will take a step forward in 2018.  It would be a dissapointment if the Ragland we saw this year, is the same one all of next year.  We can see why he was a high draft pick as he is noticably faster then what we (KC) had on the field with him....2018 makes or breaks the trade.  Liked what we saw..need to see more.

Just a random question and good to have you here: Have you or do you ever post on Chiefs Planet?

15 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Just a random question and good to have you here: Have you or do you ever post on Chiefs Planet?

I have not.  I am a member of a couple of facebook groups for my Chiefs posting activities....I should probalby get on a board so that I can point back at some of what I post more easily.  Should I be on that board?

4 hours ago, DCOrange said:

It's hard to say without knowing where they'll land, but my rankings in the order in which I'd take them are:

1. Lamar

2. Darnold

3. Allen

4. Mayfield

5. Rosen

6. Lauletta

7. Luke Falk

8. Mason Rudolph

9. Mike White

10. Chase Litton

If I rated them in terms of how confident I am that they pan out, I'd go with:

1. Darnold

2. Lamar

3. Rosen

4. Mayfield

5. Lauletta

6. Allen

7. Falk

8. Rudolph

9. White

10. Litton

The main difference being that I think Allen is a risky, but worthwhile pick.

lamar jackson 1 or 2

hilarity ensues

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

I have not.  I am a member of a couple of facebook groups for my Chiefs posting activities....I should probalby get on a board so that I can point back at some of what I post more easily.  Should I be on that board?

No I only asked because a friend I know posts there a lot and I was just wondering if you did if you might now him haha