UFC = BOXING?

I haven't really watched much of that, but that's interesting if the fights devolve into kickboxing affairs.

I thought they almost all devolved into "jiujitsu" type stuff with both guys on the ground and one guy in a submission type hold.

A lot of people seem to suggest that real hand to hand violence will almost always quickly result in both guys on the ground, at which point one guy is dead meat if he doesn't know how to get out of a hold, and the other guy knows how to get you in a hold.

Hence the value of learning jiujitsu or judo or even traditional wrestling  as opposed to other types of martial arts, which don't really "work" in real life....such as karate or aikido and lots of others.

3 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I haven't really watched much of that, but that's interesting if the fights devolve into kickboxing affairs.

I thought they almost all devolved into "jiujitsu" type stuff with both guys on the ground and one guy in a submission type hold.

A lot of people seem to suggest that real hand to hand violence will almost always quickly result in both guys on the ground, at which point one guy is dead meat if he doesn't know how to get out of a hold, and the other guy knows how to get you in a hold.

Hence the value of learning jiujitsu or judo or even traditional wrestling  as opposed to other types of martial arts, which don't really "work" in real life....such as karate or aikido and lots of others.

You are absolutely correct when it comes to most actual fights in life . Unless you are a straight KO artist most fights end on the ground

we had a fight club when I was younger and bjj saved my ass more times than I can count

16 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You are absolutely correct when it comes to most actual fights in life . Unless you are a straight KO artist most fights end on the ground

we had a fight club when I was younger and bjj saved my ass more times than I can count

All Catch Wrestling for me. I feel it works better to control your opponent than jui jitsui

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

It definitely can if you know how to wrestle 

which i do not lmao

New York has great wrestling, you missed out.

It's funny, I could have used a bunch of Catch when I was in school but never new it existed . When I learning it I was like ,man I could have used this back then lol.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

New York has great wrestling, you missed out.

It's funny, I could have used a bunch of Catch when I was in school but never new it existed . When I learning it I was like ,man I could have used this back then lol.

Yea my best friend was an avid wrestler. We both played football and baseball but in the winter I ran indoor track to keep my 4.4 fourty and went to basketball my Sr year 

the wrestling coach bugged me for years lol

wrestlers are a breed all their own,  just wasn't cut from that cloth . They are phenomenal athletes who have stamina for days though

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea my best friend was an avid wrestler. We both played football and baseball but in the winter I ran indoor track to keep my 4.4 fourty and went to basketball my Sr year 

the wrestling coach bugged me for years lol

wrestlers are a breed all their own,  just wasn't cut from that cloth . They are phenomenal athletes who have stamina for days though

Yeah We're Crazy, I Still Miss It And Its Been 25 Years

Running ? what's that? :P

Bodyweight circuits and Kettbells  are much better, plus they build muscle too, can't beat that.

I was referring to the cutting weight part in wrestling lol

i would watch my friend run mile after mile after mile to make weight lol

maybe he wasn't doing it right lol

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I was referring to the cutting weight part in wrestling lol

i would watch my friend run mile after mile after mile to make weight lol

maybe he wasn't doing it right lol

I didn't cut weight much, I tried one year and got my butt kicked, It just wasn't for me. It hit the gym and got  stronger and quicker than everybody else.

I didn't cut weight much, I tried one year and got my butt kicked, It just wasn't for me. It hit the gym and got  stronger and quicker than everybody else.

Thats a good plan.

My friend walked around about 155 our sophomore year and he cut to the 120s to wrestle 

crazy

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thats a good plan.

My friend walked around about 155 our sophomore year and he cut to the 120s to wrestle 

crazy

Hell No, nope that's just misery, I wanted to be a beast not a munchkin.

The year I cut , I got down to 130 from 140 then after that I started working out and got up to 165 in 2 months, I've been lifting ever since, 275 now, although need to lose some of this power belly.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Must have been one hell of a bj !!

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Did anyone see the recent UFC fight where the guy threw a flying knee kick into the other guy's head and put a big dent in it?  Fractured skull.  Pretty gruesome to see and hear.

I have a bunch  on the DVR  that I plan on watching after football is over.

Can't wait to see that.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I have a bunch  on the DVR  that I plan on watching after football is over.

Can't wait to see that.

I think it was a few months ago

i remember a guy getting a legit skull fracture a while back because of a flying knee to the skull

it was horrific