Super Bowl Prop Bet Help

SinceThe70s

Last year I ran a Super Bowl prop bet pool in my office. It's small scale. I had 35 people at $10 each but it was a lot of fun for me and my boys and I'm going to do it again this year. 

I'm looking to improve the pool and hoping YOU can help. Last year I ended up with a two-way tie for first and five-way tie for second.  Not good. I added some more questions and a tie-breaker as a result. 

Attached is my working copy of this years pool.

I'm looking for suggestions for interesting questions to add. I try to limit it to game play as much as possible and preferably football knowledge shouldn't help too much. So for example I won't do commercials, length of the national anthem or what song the half-time performer sings. Nip slips are right out!  Ideally it's verifiable through box scores or play by play because I enjoy adult beverages and can't rely on my memory.

Also, I started a "tradition" of giving everyone a point for something we all know will happen. Last year it was "Will Tom Brady be a whiny maggot at some point in the game?".  This was well received. I  have drafts for whether the Cheatriots do or don't make it. Here they are in case you don't wanna open the Word file:

If the Cheatriots are in the SB:

1.     Will the Patriots cheat? YES… it’s like the sun on a rainy day, even though you may not see it you still know it’s there…everyone gets a point!

If the Cheatriots are not in the SB:

2.     Will the refs make a ridiculously bad call in favor of the Patriots? YES…don’t ask me how, but it’s the NFL and they will find a way…everyone gets a point!

Serious suggestions for improvement will be appreciated.

Non-serious/ridiculous/trolling/insensitive/politically-incorrect suggestions will likely be appreciated more.

Super Bowl LII.docx

Edited by SinceThe70s

27 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

A 10x10 square with numbers doesn’t end in a tie. 

Actually most 10x10 squares that I see do not account for OT.  4th quarter score and final score are not necessarily the same thing. 

Getting paid for the 1st quarter but not the 4th if it goes to OT always struck me as short-sighted. 

Admittedly there hasn't been a SB that went to OT, but I did consider adding that as a question. 

On 1/20/2018 at 11:16 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Actually most 10x10 squares that I see do not account for OT.  4th quarter score and final score are not necessarily the same thing. 

Getting paid for the 1st quarter but not the 4th if it goes to OT always struck me as short-sighted. 

Admittedly there hasn't been a SB that went to OT, but I did consider adding that as a question. 

it happened 11 3/4 months ago.  No? 

On 1/20/2018 at 11:25 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Well at least not for the last 11 months or so.

guess I should have read the next post 

On 1/20/2018 at 11:41 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Yup, my bad.  

My comment about 10x10 pools not accounting for OT stands.  When I ran them years ago I paid 4th quarter and final score separately.

It is what it is.  unless OT the the 4th is the final

Winners are usually end of 1st, half, 3rd and 4th.  Unless you stipulate 1st, half, 3rd and Final. 

42 minutes ago, mead107 said:

So what kind of pool did you decid on? 

If you keep the question pool then put on the bottom all names go in a hat and someone not in tied finish will pull name.  

Thanks for the suggestion, that's a good idea.

I'm definitely doing the prop bet pool. It will keep me interested in the game, with the Patriots back again I've lost a lot of interest.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Winners are usually end of 1st, half, 3rd and 4th.  Unless you stipulate 1st, half, 3rd and Final. 

The solution is simple. You pay out 1st, 2nd , 3rd, 4th and Final. If it doesn't go OT, then  4th and Final are the same box.