QB Film Room: Baker Mayfield

Buffalo716

The Dolphins plan to wine and dine Baker Mayfield

It’s highly questionable if Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield will even be available when the Dolphins select 11th in April’s NFL Draft.

But the Dolphins are taking steps to get to know him very well so they can make an educated decision if he’s surprisingly on the board when they pick.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/2/19/17030672/the-dolphins-plan-to-wine-and-dine-baker-mayfield

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2018 at 2:49 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I have always been a harsh evaluator. I usually harp on the negatives more than the positives. I nit pick everything 

but i really really struggled to come up with a laundry list of negatives for Baker. even what he does bad, by his standards, is better than a lot of prospects 

What did you think of the second half of the Georgia game? I thought he looked completely outmatched in the second half which gave me some concerns about what he can be at the next level. 

When I watch Baker I see outstanding competitiveness, good mobility, an fantastic accuracy on short and intermediate throws. I think he struggles with the deep ball though, which may lead to NFL teams locking down the short and intermediate throws more than they usually would. 

11 hours ago, billspro said:

What did you think of the second half of the Georgia game? I thought he looked completely outmatched in the second half which gave me some concerns about what he can be at the next level. 

When I watch Baker I see outstanding competitiveness, good mobility, an fantastic accuracy on short and intermediate throws. I think he struggles with the deep ball though, which may lead to NFL teams locking down the short and intermediate throws more than they usually would. 

I don't think he struggled so much as his OC got conservative with the playcalling and Oline couldn't protect and Mayfield was running for his life, which no QB does well with.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/4/2018 at 12:35 PM, billspro said:

The second half definitely wasn't ideal but I don't believe his OC helped him out much... he has too much tape and played damn well in the first half.. I wouldn't worry that much about it

And Bakers deep ball, while it might not be elite like a Rodgers or Big Ben, it is definitely good

He can uncork it effortlessly and routinely throws dimes 30-45 yards downfield.

better deep ball than Darnold as of today 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.