Young Marcel Dareus

Happy

4 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

He was just about to turn his life around too.

Sure he was...  Here's another one:

In all seriousness, I'm a special education case manager for my school district and we see this type of behavioral pattern in our young students.  As a teacher and as a school, we can only do so much for the kids and their families.  At the end of the day, we can just pray and teach our own children to become better citizens. 

2 hours ago, Corp000085 said:

I blame his grandma for not whooping his behind the first time:

I didn't realize how old the initial news video was; this recent update isn't surprising.  I can't fault the grandmother too much, I'd guess she's doing the best she can.  I do fault the parents (no mention of them) since they seem absent.  When the kid goes to school, no parental figure can do much about the other bad influences he comes in contact with throughout the school day.  It's too bad that society, in general, has turned away from disciplining kids who badly need it.

27 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I didn't realize how old the initial news video was; this recent update isn't surprising.  I can't fault the grandmother too much, I'd guess she's doing the best she can.  I do fault the parents (no mention of them) since they seem absent.  When the kid goes to school, no parental figure can do much about the other bad influences he comes in contact with throughout the school day.  It's too bad that society, in general, has turned away from disciplining kids who badly need it.

I truly believe I would likely be in prison or dead if my Dad did not give me the belt. Looking back, he did the right thing. I was an idiot, made some absolutely head-shaking decisions. I was the youngest of four, raised by a single father, had absolutely no supervision, and thought I was way smarter than I actually was.

I have three kids of my own now and I like to think that because I was so bad, they end up benefiting because all three are great kids.

WARNING: NSFW language

Edited by simool