Sal Capaccio: What you need to know about Brian Daboll

HappyDays

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Looks like John Miller might be in play again for starting RG.

Also LeSean McCoy might have a big smile on his face.

i am okay with both thoughts

3 minutes ago, stuvian said:

who will train our next great QB?

not done hiring i bet

5 hours ago, Zqueezr said:

The more I learn about Daboll the more I like the hire..

give it time.
 i will go on record to say this is a medium floor high ceiling score by McBeanes

4 hours ago, mead107 said:

In my opinion, good hire

from the stodgy one , even.

nice

13 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Let's get this guy a quality QB. Scrub the zone run blocking. And don't be so damned conservative and unpredictable like Hackett and Dennison. I want a "clever" OC.

you realize that IT is not about neither you nor Eye?

4 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

No wonder he ran the ball so much. He has had absolutely nothing to work with and little talent overall.

This is why i find it hard to believe we will land a vet QB via free agency/release since our wide out group really lacks.We have KB,then we are looking at skin and bones.This fact could derail a "top gun" from signing with us.

9 hours ago, Doc said:

Going back to the run scheme of the previous 2 seasons alone will be a win.  Hopefully they can get a competent QB and really turn the offense into something.

Meant to add that I have no idea why Dennison went away from that scheme.  Why do people feel the need to change what's been working? :rolleyes:

I know!!

We likely advance in playoffs with the Roman scheme. Where was the zone read?!? That was our bread and butter with Tyrod/Shady and reason we were one of the top red zone teams in 15 and 16. Boggles my mind why coordinators change dominant aspects of the O or D..

10 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Ted Marchibroda was once considered a very conservative play caller. Then, he had Jim Kelly and some weapons.

Thurman run, Thurman pass, Reed pass,  Thurman run, Thurman run, Beebee pass 

I was at a game late in their careers and I swear I called nearly 90% of the plays.