Available FA's who might be a fit with the BIlls

BmarvB

On 1/16/2018 at 9:23 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

If I am the Bills this is my plan for defense going into the off season. We need some starters but also need cheap depth. Obviously we won’t sign a million guys, but these are some of my thoughts.  

CB - EJ Gaines - I think Gaines comes back. He's had an inconsistent career so far and while he is good, he is not a great fit for every defense. He had a great year for McDermott and I think it makes the most sense for him to stay put. Kyle Fuller is a great fit and a guy I really like if things don’t work with Gaines. A guy like Ross Cockrell who was drafted to be a zone corner could help as a nickel.

S - I'm grabbing Cody Davis of the Rams. He's a bigger safety who can play down in the box and is an ace special teamer. We need depth here. I'd re-sign Shamarko Thomas as well.

LB - This is a tough spot to fill but there are a few option out there. First,  I try to grab Tahir Whitehead to play middle backer. He’s played both inside and outside and seems to be a good fit for this defense. If not him, maybe Christian Jones or Mason Foster.  I think Jones has some untapped potential and was miscast in the Bears 3-4.  Also, I’d keep an eye on New England to see if they make a cap casualty out of Shea McClellin. He’s coming off of IR and the Pats have had some youngers guys step up and play well in his absence. McClellin has McDermott guy written all over him. He’s smart, versatile, and a tough player who is still young. You could plug him right in the middle. For depth and special teams I sign a guy like Jordan Tripp who can play all three linebacker positions.  

DE - I’m keeping an eye on LA to see if Robert Quinn shakes loose as a cap casualty. They are going to try to re-sign Joyner, Johnson, and Watkins and some people believe that either Mark Barron or Quinn will shake loose. DeMarcus Lawrence is the crown jewel in FA but will be too expensive. I like Aaron Lynch, but he reported overweight last year. Doesn’t seem to be a McDermott type. Kony Ealy makes sense, though we did not put in a claim on him when he was on waivers. Trent Murphy, who is coming of an injury from the Redskins is very tough and has some pass rush ability. He's played a lot of OLB but is more of a defensive end in my opinion. Cassius Marsh could be a depth guy to help with pass rush.

DT - I think the first call in free agency has to be Star Lotulelei no? We badly need a 1 technique. Bennie Logan is very good as well. If the Rams keep Quinn and Barron, Michael Brockers could be the odd man out and I would be all over him. Jay Bromley could be a good fit as well.

I kind of got a couple by suggesting like a thousand moves! 

Cant believe I didn't get Julian Stanford! 

• Like (+1) 1