Travis Henry should suck it up

Travis Henry may be in Buffalo whether he likes it or not. Nobody is giving us anything for him. He is under contract. His stupid ego may clash but put his ass on the bench. Some team will get an rb injured and then we will be able to trade him. If he raises too much of a stink, suspend his ass or stick him on special teams. The Pats put starters on special teams--last time I checked they are the champs. If Travis had half a brain he would accept his fate, be a professional, play out his contract and go wherever he wants. Maybe a dose of humility is what he needs. The lack of interest should make him feel fortunate that he is earning an NFL salary. Something tells me that his IQ is somewhere between a beet and a cabbage. Let's see him earn the money he is making now in the real world. The more he pisses and moans, displays a rotten attitude, the less likely other teams will sign a second tier player. Randy Moss didn't exactly have the league knocking down his door.

Your thoughts...

I, for one, do not want the Bills to part ways with TH unless we get at east a 2nd rounder for him. I still use him in Madden as a complement to #21. Besides, I like the insurance of having him around, just in case.

Who is going to cough up a second rounder for TH?? Come on, there aren't that many teams that need RBs and the draft is stacked. We'd be lucky to pull a 3rd rounder for him. If the Shelton trade done I bet he stays as the backup. Either that or a draft day trade with a team that had targeted a RB that is no longer available.

RTB

Travis Henry may be in Buffalo whether he likes it or not.  Nobody is giving us anything for him.  He is under contract.  His stupid ego may clash but put his ass on the bench.  Some team will get an rb injured and then we will be able to trade him.  If he raises too much of a stink, suspend his ass or stick him on special teams.  The Pats put starters on special teams--last time I checked they are the champs.  If Travis had half a brain he would accept his fate, be a professional,  play out his contract and go wherever he wants.  Maybe a dose of humility is what he needs.  The lack of interest should make him feel fortunate that he is earning an NFL salary.  Something tells me that his IQ is somewhere between a beet and a cabbage.  Let's see him earn the money he is making now in the real world.  The more he pisses and moans, displays a rotten attitude, the less likely other teams will sign a second tier player.  Randy Moss didn't exactly have the league knocking down his door.

Your thoughts...

268738[/snapback]

Its true - the best thing he can do no is drop the contract demand and hope this trade with AZ can get back on track - if he plays like he is capable of either AZ or someone else will give him a good contract

....and if hes Willis' backup, I am fine with that

Travis Henry may be in Buffalo whether he likes it or not.  Nobody is giving us anything for him.  He is under contract.  His stupid ego may clash but put his ass on the bench.  Some team will get an rb injured and then we will be able to trade him.  If he raises too much of a stink, suspend his ass or stick him on special teams.  The Pats put starters on special teams--last time I checked they are the champs.  If Travis had half a brain he would accept his fate, be a professional,  play out his contract and go wherever he wants.  Maybe a dose of humility is what he needs.  The lack of interest should make him feel fortunate that he is earning an NFL salary.  Something tells me that his IQ is somewhere between a beet and a cabbage.  Let's see him earn the money he is making now in the real world.  The more he pisses and moans, displays a rotten attitude, the less likely other teams will sign a second tier player.  Randy Moss didn't exactly have the league knocking down his door.

Your thoughts...

268738[/snapback]

i'd happily take a 6th rounder for him - we can always use another kevin thomas-caliber player. if nothing else, that sort of player will be more useful than a bitter travis would be next year.

The odd part about all this to me is that I don't feel like TH has been all that bad in terms of his general attitude. Like all NFL players he is overpaid for the entertainment he provides as an athlete, but this would be true even if he performed well last year and it was certainly true the two years before when he gained roughly 1400 yards a year rushing or in the 2002 season when he hauled in over 40 passes.

He certasinly likes music I find stupid as demonstrated in his worst article about him last year. Personally, I would prefer to see him stick to his guns and try to make it as hard as possible for McGahee to take his job, even though it is pretty clear that WM is our #1 unless he is hurt.

However, I find it hard to fault him for not trying to use the market he is being inserted into by the Bills trading him to get the maximum amount of dollars he can get. Rather than whining about how horrible a man Travis is, I wish the whiners would actually follow the line Henry took last year when a better player took his job and simply kept his mouth shut. it was actually a combination of hilarious and pathetic watching many posters and some media-hacks try to interpret his body language riding the pines last year as pouting when his silence did not provide them with any tangible or real evidence of him being a cancer.

TD has struck me as making the right Pro-Bills moves and pronouncements in terms of Henry as he has spoken consistently of valuing Henry as a player and expressing a desire that he will be happy to have him stay unless someone offers us a good deal for him (dub? this is the attitude to have to increase his value if you trade him or to patch fenses and have him back up WM if you get no good offers).

I'm overjoyed if we trade Henry for a resource that helps the team (actually a vet player in my mind rather than a speculative draft choice of some future benefit at best strikes me as the wya to go to help the Bills) but I'm quite haoppy to keep him as well as long as MM can get production out of him as a back-up.

I suspect if TH stays, he will be forced to be as productive as he can be as a back-up, because if he is not he will become an FA but really destroy his ability to get the long-term contract he wants.

TD did a great job releasing Henry to find a deal early on and letting him scope out the market for the Bills. I have no problem with the aggressive way Henry and his agents have gone about doing the Bills work. Doing the deal would be great, but if it does not happen, having a former Pro Bowler as WM's back-up is not a bad thing and this former Pro Bowler would need to perform as WM's back-up or he is endangering and actually probably forgoing exactly the deal that he is after.

Perhaps the best argument that posters can make that Henry is a whining baby who will definitely do things which do not serve the Bills interests is that it often does take one to know one.

Perhaps the best argument that posters can make that Henry is a whining baby who will definitely do things which do not serve the Bills interests is that it often does take one to know one.

269058[/snapback]

Okay I think I have it. Everyone who thinks Travis is the Best back in the league is right and a Bills fan. Everyone who thinks Travis is very lacking and whines a little too much is not a Bills fan and is a whining little bastard.

Thanks for clarifying that. :o