When Was the Last Time It Looked This Good?

Fadingpain

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

This is a bad football team, even worse without Taylor. There are positives, like future cap space and draft picks, but there is very little to take from this season and carry it over into next season.

It was a weird season.

It's a 9-7 football team, and 14 of the last 17 teams were terrible teams that couldn't come close to that record. 

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

This is a bad football team, even worse without Taylor. There are positives, like future cap space and draft picks, but there is very little to take from this season and carry it over into next season.

It was a weird season.

If you put the stat sheet down for a minute and look at the result that matters, wins you'll see we were the 6th best team in the AFC. This team did what others (Ravens and Chargers) could not. Win Game in December.

We did it with teamwork and guys stepping up to make plays like the Tredavian Nightmare, Poyer, Hyde Shady Webb III, Thompson,  Nasty Nate, Richie, McCoy, and others. That can be better and it was.

This era of big data and baseball like stats on steroids has lost some of y'all on whats important. Wins. 

The only team in the last 17 years that made the playoffs is the worst? :lol:    Criminy Louise

Edited by reddogblitz

20 minutes ago, arcane said:

It's a 9-7 football team, and 14 of the last 17 teams were terrible teams that couldn't come close to that record. 

Ok, now evaluate the team.

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

If you put the stat sheet down for a minute and look at the result that matters, wins you'll see we were the 6th best team in the AFC. This team did what others (Ravens and Chargers) could not. Win Game in December.

We did it with teamwork and guys stepping up to make plays like the Tredavian Nightmare, Poyer, Hyde Shady Webb III, Thompson,  Nasty Nate, Richie, McCoy, and others. That can be better and it was.

This era of big data and baseball like stats on steroids has lost some of y'all on whats important. Wins. 

The only team in the last 17 years that made the playoffs is the worst? :lol:    Criminy Louise

Evaluate the team.

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Evaluate the team.

As I see it, the team over achieved.  The coaching staff was able to get the team to play as a team and BILLIEVE.  The practice of figuring out a way to blow it late was reduced greatly.  I can only think of one, the Carolina game.  Most of the drought years we did it several times.  We won close games for a change.  The team won more than it's perceived talent level and stats would make one think they would.

Here's a stat for you though. Bills were 7th in turn over percentage.  Half that is not turning the football over yourself. Teams win 78% of the time when they win this.

We have a lot of picks and cap space. We should get a couple of new QBs and talent all the way around.  Coach McDermott and a new OC and hopefully a better offense.  So we should be even better next year.  

It was a GREAT year.

That's my evaluation.

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

As I see it, the team over achieved.  The coaching staff was able to get the team to play as a team and BILLIEVE.  The practice of figuring out a way to blow it late was reduced greatly.  I can only think of one, the Carolina game.  Most of the drought years we did it several times.  We won close games for a change.  The team won more than it's perceived talent level and stats would make one think they would.

Here's a stat for you though. Bills were 7th in turn over percentage.  Half that is not turning the football over yourself. Teams win 78% of the time when they win this.

We have a lot of picks and cap space. We should get a couple of new QBs and talent all the way around.  Coach McDermott and a new OC and hopefully a better offense.  So we should be even better next year.  

It was a GREAT year.

That's my evaluation.

We won games because of turnover ratio. IMO without a good pass rush we can't expect to repeat that. We are also about to dump Taylor, who is the main reason for not turning the football over. 

It kind of reminds me of Dick Jauron winning coach of the year in Chicago. They won so many close games because of turnovers, I think they lead the NFL in forced turnovers. Went 13-3. The very next year turnover ratio flipped and they went 4-12.

If I saw a defense that pressured the QB I would be more positive about the future. IMO the Bills need a pass rush and a passing game, basically the 2 most important things to consistently have success today. 

It was a good year in terms of perception, but Beane and McDermott have a lot of work to do to build off of last season. Fans need to understand that. There isn't going to be much to carry over from the 2017 season. 

11 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

It was a weird season.

Possibly one of the worst teams in NFL history to get into the playoffs and sure played like it was in that playoff game.

• Thank you (+1) 1