Floyd Womack To Visit Today

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TheRedZone.org, which keeps track of all FAs visits over the years and is one of the few football websites I actually trust, has Porkchop coming into town today for the Bills.

Womack To Visit

It'll be curious to see if the Bills put anything up on their website about this.

267503[/snapback]

Oh lawd, if I knew it was going to be a Mississippi State party, I'd have ordered a pizza(or "stuck my **** in the mashpotatoes"). Now if only the P-I-G could come back to team up with Moulds and Chop. That's right, Pig Prather, the leading tackler for the 2004 Tupelo Fire Ants of the UIF. I smell bacon! What's the Theredzone.org got to say about P-double's vist schedule?

:D

Height: 6-4

Weight: 333

Born: Nov. 15, 1978

Cleveland, MS

Position: Offensive Tackle

Grade 70

Insider Analysis Womack is massive, he engulfs undersized defenders at the point of attack and he can wear defenders down over the course of the game. He drives through his blocks and he has the lower body strength to push the pile in the running game. As a pass blocker, he gets adequate knee bend and he rarely gives ground to bull rushers. He has experience playing tackle as well as guard and he shows good versatility. However, Womack lacks ideal athletic ability and he is a better run blocker than he is a pass blocker. He lacks ideal initial quickness and explosive one-gap defenders will have some success shooting the inside gap working against him. While he has some experience playing tackle teams shouldnt feel comfortable consistently leaving him on an island in pass protection when he is lined up there. As a run blocker, Womack doesnt have the lateral ability to adjust to the moving target in space and he wont always reach his assignments at the second level. Overall, Womack is marginal starter at tackle and he needs to continue to work on his footwork to mask his lack of ideal athletic ability but he is an outstanding backup.

He sounds like an ideal RT to me and his stats are pretty good as per Stats.com in terms of his playing LT vs RT his bio at NFLPLAYERS.com has a good writeup of his playing time up to the 2003 season. If signed he'd probably be the best candidate to play LT although prefer Shelton or maybe even Whitfield for a year. As one point of concern with Womack is his propencity to get injured.

Interesting the Bills' aren't talking up Womack's visit like they did with DeMulling (nothing on BB.com about him being at OBD today).

268437[/snapback]

it's my understanding that at this point in free agency, DeMulling is the O-lineman of choice

Interesting to hear Pork Chop and especially Marcelus (the NYG TE). He (Marcelus) said his visit went well enough that if the Bills were to make a decent offer, he'd take it and cancel his visits with other teams. Not used to that type of candor from a FA.

Thanks for the link Zakk, er, Daninator.