great 3rd WR for our team

COACH85

Yes, I know he has some issues at times but I think he would excel on our team with the chemistry these guys have and a great head coach (Mularkey).

He is about 3mil per year, has size, speed, and still very young.

Its only a suggestion but it sure beats anyone else we have as a 3rd WR.

I still think OL is our number one priority but my next biggest fear is what happens if Moulds goes down again or Evans has an injury, then the other WR gets doubled and does nothing. We need a strong WR to take pressure off and it will open up our running game even more. Please lets improve our OL, then get a solid WR and TE since we don't know the status of Campbell and E off their major injuries. I really think if we can somehow do these things, our offense will be equally as dangerous as our defense, yes even with Losman in his first year.

Mularkey is gonna put that kid in an offense and situations where he will succeed.

We also could release Pieralou or however you spell that to get a tiny bit of cap relief. Can you imagine all those things and drafting that kicker form Ohio St who can kick FG's from anywhere???

i got a better idea..

how about:

Reed

or

Aiken

266665[/snapback]

I agree! Reed is now in his third year, right? If memory serves.. Moulds didn't do jack until year 3. I say give Reed another year, if he falters... put in Aiken and release him next year. What about Haddad? Did he even see the field last year? :D

Yes, I know he has some issues at times but I think he would excel on our team with the chemistry these guys have and a great head coach (Mularkey).

I still think OL is our number one priority but my next biggest fear is what happens if Moulds goes down again or Evans has an injury, then the other WR gets doubled and does nothing.  We need a strong WR to take pressure off and it will open up our running game even more. Please lets improve our OL, then get a solid WR and TE since we don't know the status of Campbell and E off their major injuries.  I really think if we can somehow do these things, our offense will be equally as dangerous as our defense, yes even with Losman in his first year. 

Mularkey is gonna put that kid in an offense and situations where he will succeed.

We also could release Pieralou or however you spell that to get a tiny bit of cap relief.  Can you imagine all those things and drafting that kicker form Ohio St who can kick FG's from anywhere???

266658[/snapback]

why would gardner want to be buffalo's #3 WR when he can get a #1 or #2 gig elsewhere?

266658[/snapback]

You want to pay our third WR 3 million a year? Ummmmmm, yeah.

Remember when we had Reed, Lofton and Beebe?

If these were our starting WR's in today's market and they were in their prime...........Beebe would be a bargain at 3 mil per year and yes I would pay that for a great 3rd WR. I want to believe in Aiken and Reed but Reed regressed and Aiken is a below average receiver. I still think we need to improve the OL first but acquiring Gardner was just a thought.

Bring back the K-Gun except now its the J.P. Gun

You want to pay our third WR 3 million a year? Ummmmmm, yeah.

266693[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the Bills have to trade for Gardner. He's not a UFA and the Skins are looking for a 3rd or 4th. Having said that, I still think Gardner can be a good reciever in the league. He just needs to get away from the Skins. Another guy with upside who has been stuck in a sloppy passing attack is Travis Taylor. Might be able to get him cheap and he has a ton of upside.

I agree! Reed is now in his third year, right? If memory serves.. Moulds didn't do jack until year 3. I say give Reed another year, if he falters... put in Aiken and release him next year. What about Haddad? Did he even see the field last year? <_<

266683[/snapback]

Well your idea about mould is almost correct. The fact was that Kelly and Moulds had zero chemistry and moulds was 3 or 4th on the depth chart for his first 2 seasons. Then Bam Kelly retires and FLutie turns him into a probowl Recevier in 1998. Maybe Losman can do that for Reed?

Remember when we had Reed, Lofton and Beebe?

If these were our starting WR's in today's market and they were in their prime...........Beebe would be a bargain at 3 mil per year and yes I would pay that for a great 3rd WR.  I want to believe in Aiken and Reed but Reed regressed and Aiken is a below average receiver.  I still think we need to improve the OL first but acquiring Gardner was just a thought.

Bring back the K-Gun except now its the J.P. Gun

266762[/snapback]

Beebe's career stats vs Az Zahir Akim's . Tell me you think Az Zahir Akim is worth $3 million a season?

Good point Jokeman and maybe Beebe would have been worth just under 3 mil per season but I think Gardner has more talent and potential then both of those guys combined and would really give us the great 3rd receiver we've been looking for. Reed was dropping balls left and right last year and it seemed like he lost complete confidence in himself. I was completely disappointed with him last year. Just because Moulds broke out in his third season, doesn't guarantee Reed or Aiken will too.........just a thought.

Beebe's career stats vs Az Zahir Akim's . Tell me you think Az Zahir Akim is worth $3 million a season?

267297[/snapback]

Give reed one more year. Look for the bargain 3rd WR next year. With willis running at full speed, hopefully an offense geared toward passing to the TE, and a more mobile QB, this will open up the slot enough for reed to make some progress.