Taylor starting

22 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Thanks for a thoughtful response.  I see your point to a degree.

I too want to win a Super Bowl.  You have to make the playoffs  to go there.  I want to end the drought. I don't think its an either or. We could make the playoffs AND have a good draft and improve and be even better next year.

And who says if we get in we'd get beat?  The Broncos won a playoff game with Tim Teboe ant the Texans with TJ Yates.

As far as the draft goes, it's too late. With 7 wins, possibly 8 or 9, were going to be picking in the teens anyway. Might as well try to win.  

When you're close, you gotta do everything you can to get in. Teams get close and take a step back every year. Bucs have done it a couple of times. Raiders this year.

Thanks for your own thoughtful response. I still disagree but I understand people who feel the way you do.

And sure, you can make the playoffs as a fodder team AND still have a good draft. But the odds go down. It's less likely and not by a little bit. A higher draft choice gives you more choices. And if there's a guy who'll be available down low that you want, if your pick is higher you can trade back and acquire more. There is no downside to a higher draft pick. Any pick can be a bad choice - look at Len Bias - but a higher pick widens your choices.

Who says if we get in we'd get beat? I do. We are simply not a very good team.

And yeah, the Broncos won a playoff game with Tebow. Did they win a Lombardi? Again, that's all I care about.

They weren't legitimate title contenders with Tebow. Someone was going to beat them. And the next year they had the 25th pick, instead of the 13th to 19th they would have drafted with their 8-8 record. Their first two draftees the next year were Derek Wolfe and Osweiler. Not exactly a high-impact draft. Who would have been available for them if they'd picked at #13 instead of having the #25? Michael Floyd, Michael Brockers, Bruce Irvin, Quinton Coples, Dre Kirkpatrick, Melvin Ingram, Shea McClellin, Kendall Wright, Chandler Jones, Brandon Weeden, Riley Reiff, and David DeCastro. Some real duds in there but you think Denver wouldn't be happier today with DeCastro or Reiff on their pretty bad OL? Not to mention having more choices in every single round, not just the first.

As a coach, sure, you should do everything you can to get in. As a fan, no thanks. Do everything you can to become a terrific team as fast as possible, please.

Edited by Thurman#1

19 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Where in my thread reply says Transplant?

Maybe, just maybe Cousins is not a bridge, retread or whatever some call him. His numbers and severe lack of talent on the Oline, WR and RB prove otherwise in what he has accomplished. Nothing is bonkers unless you make it that way in the mind of some Bills fans. The Bills neglecting the position is the only thing that is bonkers. Again, I don't care what Cousins will get paid. He will get paid no matter what as he should.

Doing both IMO is the team Bills option. 1st rd rookies miss more than they hit. So why should we bank the next 3 years that has a 50%+ chance to fold again?

In 06 when the Bills were playing around with a 50/50 rookie on his 2nd year in Losman I was really pissed when the Bills just stuck to their gun on him and would not even consider Brees, only Miami and NO looked at him. The Bills should have signed Brees (well before hindsight BTW) and tried developing a rookie QB behind him. This is the exact scenario I'm suggesting with Cousins and 1st round rookie X from the upcoming 2018 draft.  This seemed to work out damn well for GB with Favre and Rodgers.

There is absolutely no reason to get tunnel vision on a QB as it normally leads to failure.

Agreed that getting both is a legitimate option. They might not choose to go that way even if they bring in Cousins, but they certainly could.

People try to pretend that Cousins is a product of the system, and that argument just doesn't make sense. Might have before this year but when you perform at a high and consistent level across the terms of two OCs, it's likely because you're playing at a high level yourself.

• Like (+1) 1