I can't believe the classless yankee fans calling

Tom

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOO FREAKIN HOO!

GO GET SOME KLEENEX YOUR FRIGGIN BABY, YOU AND THAT NAVY MORON.

Why don't you get the facts straight before trashing people?

MLB requested that the Devil Rays leave on Friday. They said no. TB said they would leave for NY on Monday in the AM and would be able to play the DH scheduled to start at 3pm on time. For whatever reason, they didn't actually leave TB until after noon today. Meanwhile, the Yankees were told to go ahead as scheduled and over 50,000 people were at the ballpark unaware that the Rays were not in NY.

Sure, I feel bad for the people affected by the hurricane but pro ballplayers who have lots of money and resources could have left for NY and taken their families with them on Friday like they were instructed to do.  How about blaming MLB for screwing things up? What if you were in NY and wasted your Labor Day planning on going to a baseball game that you told was going to be played at 3pm and everybody showed up but the opponent? What a waste of a day. People have every right to be ticked off.

20046[/snapback]

My sister told me a story once about a Yankees home game she went to. A guy four rows down and a few seats over from her had a heart attack and collapsed in the 8th inning of a close game. Not ONLY did no one in the section stop to help him, but the EMTs trying to get to him were physically abused by the surrounding fans for interrupting their enjoyment of the game.

So today's radio comments don't surprise me. Clearly, a LOT of Yankees fans have a terminally screwed-up sense of priority.

(And I don't know if the guy lived or died. Don't even know what game it was, for that matter.)

I don't recall the Drays doing anything special or different when Charley was suposed too be coming thru 3 weeks ago!Granted I am a Yankee fan and am very compassionate towards anyone in a natural disaster as we have gone thru 2 and possibly 3 in a month here in O-Town, but don't sit there and tell me they were worried about a hurricane over there when everyone in its path and who was watching or listening knew that it was gonna be weak tropical storm when it got there which is less than alot of the daily thunderstorms we experience hear on a typical day! I can definitly see how Ny would be upset because when was the last time a mlb team offered a true doubleheader on a holiday no-less! The people up there in Ny could have atleast been told of what there plans were. I for one have never been there yet and would be extremely pi$$ed off if they didn't leave when asked or suggested to and would not be able to spend the holiday with my family. BTW chrley was pegged right for Tampa until it turned and fugged up my roof and knocked over two trees out of the groung and francias pays a vsit before my roof was repaired! So quit your whining about a hurricane that was projected to be a weak tropical storm and playball!!! BTW the Bills go 10 - 6!!!!!! Hope everyone has a safe and dry Holiday!!!!! :flirt:

My sister told me a story once about a Yankees home game she went to.  A guy four rows down and a few seats over from her had a heart attack and collapsed in the 8th inning of a close game.  Not ONLY did no one in the section stop to help him, but the EMTs trying to get to him were physically abused by the surrounding fans for interrupting their enjoyment of the game. 

20138[/snapback]

He was probably a Red Sox fan. :flirt:

Yankee fans are a lot things - and I am one them but first and foremost always a Bills fan - but this was not b/c they are a bunch of careless, thoughtless people.

A committment was supposedly made by the Devil Rays. In addition to bringing 50K people to the Stadium this is now a game that the Yankees might have to play the day after the season ends. That is one less day for them to prepare their starting rotation, etc. It would be one thing had Tampa not made the committment, but if they did, and if they then broke that committment then the Yanks probably deserve the win - they shouldn't have to now alter their postseason rotation. Don't forget, there is a lot of animosity between the front office of both teams so there is more to this than the Yankee organization not having sympathy towards the unfortunate events and people of Florida.

what a classless organisation the New York Yankees are from top to bottom... Asking for a forfeit vs the Devil Rays... That's the Yankee way! And they gonna tell you its' the way of the winners! It's sport morons! If you can not show class in something like sport when will you??!! Shame on you Yankees!