Gruden on Peterman

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Funny thought / question 

how many people / fans wanted Gruden as HC in Buffalo?  

NOT ME! I was near Tampa when he won a SB with Dungy’s Team against an offense he designed (That didn’t bother to change their....anything). Our sons also crossed paths on the 7 on 7 tour for HS football. I would NEVER want him as my coach. Ask Keenan McCardell what he thought. 

But I’m sure there are others who disagree. 

Edited by Augie

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

NOT ME! I was near Tamp when he won a SB with Dungy’s Team against an offense he designed (That didn’t bother to change their....anything). Our sons also crossed paths on the 7 on 7 tour for HS football. I would NEVER want him as my coach. Ask Keenan McCardell what he thought. 

But I’m sure there are others who disagree. 

Well since I dont see Keenan like EVER can you just fill us in on what he said?

Just now, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Well since I dont see Keenan like EVER can you just fill us in on what he said?

He said he’s a back stabbing SOB who will lie to your face and then #@&% you up. Promise all kinds of stuff, then never come through. But Keenan was only one guy, it was a theme. PLUS, his midget son was an “unusually stout and bulging little midget” in 7 on 7’s, and Gruden walked all over the USF campus like he owned the joint. He was a DAD. Asst coach at the HS. LOUDLY called out kids as DB’s who needed to be picked on.  Friggin’ 16-17 year old kids. “He can't cover anyone!” 

My son picked his son a couple times, and I wasn’t sure he wouldn't stroke out. Almost disappointing. Like Warren Sapp, better on TV than in real life. 

10 hours ago, JPP said:

I never met a QB i didnt like--Gruden

Probably bc he actually could coach avg ones to be good and good ones to be great.  

Something this franchise has quite possibly never had.  Who's the best offensive minded coach we had.....and one that went on promoted to bigger things?

Ted Marchabroda? 

Alex Van Pelt? 

Anthony Lynn?  

Chan? 

Is that the freaking list?  I mean I know the Dick Jauron tree is extensive...... :(

8 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Andy Dalton is like Drew Bledsoe... don't count on much beyond a bump up in a couple of wins. He is the epitome of anti-clutch when facing strong teams.

Yeah, who wants a couple more wins every year?  It is far better to miss the playoffs 17 years running than to make the playoffs half a dozen years in a row but never win a playoff game.

Or something like that I guess.