ot -liz phair...

eiregi

Are you serious? This is a football board and although non-football topics are tolerated to some degree, topics involving crappy, whiny, Lilith Fair chicks are way off-limits.

Do you need a hug today or something?

Are you serious? This is a football board and although non-football topics are tolerated to some degree, topics involving crappy, whiny, Lilith Fair chicks are way off-limits.

Do you need a hug today or something?

264726[/snapback]

yeah, there should be a seperate board for people who stopped listenting to new music 10 years ago.

whip-smart cool video  ;)

264708[/snapback]

I don't mixing a little music in with my football! Liz Phair rocks! Anyone writing her off as another Lileth Fair whinner, has obviously not listened to her much. I will admitt, her last album was a little slick for my taste (I never blame artists for trying to sell records), "Exile In Guyville" goes down as maybe, IMO, one of the very best rock albums of the last 20 years!

Alright let me get this straight. This board has seen OTs about everything from lost dogs to hot chicks to family deaths to advice on relationships to world news to politics to TV shows and someone wants to make a comment about an artist he or she obviously likes and that's not okay??

I don't mixing a little music in with my football!  Liz Phair rocks!  Anyone writing her off as another Lileth Fair whinner, has obviously not listened to her much.  I will admitt, her last album was a little slick for my taste (I never blame artists for trying to sell records), "Exile In Guyville" goes down as maybe, IMO, one of the very best rock albums of the last 20 years!

264781[/snapback]

i am a huge fan as well, but the last album disgusted me...many have called it her "mid-life crisis" album and i can't quarrel with that.

i have seen her 8 times in concert. the last two were nightmares however: in support of that horrible record she was opening for some kid called "jason mraz(i'm not kidding, that is really what he calls himself)," and playing for his gang of teeny-bopper minions. if it was all about turning pop audiences onto her, well... thankfully, the whole experiment was basically a failure. maybe now she will put a little more effort into her next album. maybe.

but as far as i am concerned, everything she put out up that point is wonderful.

Exile in Guyville??  You have got to be fuggin kidding me!  How old is this chick, twelve?

264932[/snapback]

In the interest of the TOS, I will resist commenting on the age of this poster, except to say he probably isn't old enough to remember when this album came out

Liz Phair rocks. It _is_ one of the best albums of all time. In fact, without this album, the current crop of Avril Levigne, Alanis Morisette, and all those "angry girl rockers" would probably not exist.

In the interest of the TOS, I will resist commenting on the age of this poster, except to say he probably isn't old enough to remember when this album came out

Liz Phair rocks.  It _is_ one of the best albums of all time.  In fact, without this album, the current crop of Avril Levigne, Alanis Morisette,  and all those "angry girl rockers" would probably not exist.

264948[/snapback]

Good idea to resist commenting on how old I am. I have underwear older than liz phair. I'm from the generation that INVENTED rock and roll. You want good music listen to some created in the 60's not copied. Justed listed to parts of that album on the internet. What a bunch of crap. Come back to me when you locate some real music with someon who can sing.

Liz Phair rocks.   It _is_ one of the best albums of all time.  In fact, without this album, the current crop of Avril Levigne, Alanis Morisette,  and all those "angry girl rockers" would probably not exist.

264948[/snapback]

just to clarify...when you say "it" is one of the best albums of all time, i assume you mean "Exile in Guyville," not the self-titled p.o.s. "liz phair" that was released in '03.

...cause if that is what you mean, you and i agree. but the '03 album was an embarrassment. and i also agree that alannis and the post-makover sheryl crow both owe their careers to her. pee-yew...they are poor imitations of the real thing in my mind.

but on the other hand, whatever. music is music. as long as somebody likes it, i guess it has done it's job.