"Son of Bum" by Wade Phillips

26 minutes ago, Augie said:

While I generally agree, some guys are just better coordinators than Head Coaches. I think he's one of those guys. Thrilled to see him doing well.....again! 

No disagreement here. Better DC than HC. But I think he was a decent HC. As with Jim Schwartz, I'd rather have them as my team's DC than as HC.  With Wade, I would probably prefer him as HC ad compared to many who actually get/get considered for,  that job.

14 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Wade employed Ronnie Jones in his final year and refused direction to fire him for incompetence.  Despite his very good defense work he was only a so-so head coach and Ronnie Jones got two head coaches (Wade Phillips and Buddy Ryan) fired.  I have always felt since then that the front office should have input into coaching staff and if a head coach wanted an assistant coach front office did not want then coach should pay for that assistant out of their salary.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't conveniently forgotten this.

The worst special teams in the history of the NFL. Last in all four major categories: kick and punt coverage as well as kick and punt returns. His refusal to accept Wilson's direction to fire him shows that Phillips was more concerned with loyalty to his friend and and control over his staff than in winning. Good for him I guess...

Edited by vincec

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

Fuk Flutie.  Little piss ant  piece of schit.  He ruined the Bills.  Fake bastard.

Other than that, great guy.

A little over the top, but by all accounts Flutie was a very divisive figure in the locker room and anything but a team first guy. So I don't really see him as the innocent victim that he's sometimes portrayed as.

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....and to think we let probably two of the most preeminent defensive minds in the NFL ala Wade and Dick Lebeau exit Buffalo......at least we had Wannstedt (COUGH)....

Don't forget Jim Schwartz.