Win the games you're SUPPOSED to win guys!!!!

BmarvB

It's part of "the process"...

• a winning record at home
  • a winning record in your division
  • and win the games you're supposed to win!

Here's three BIG reasons why that didn't happen against the Jets...

1) They were dominated at the line on both sides of the ball.

TT was under siege all game long from the first snap of the ball (can't put this loss on him!). Jets front 7 were all over him and the running backs at the line of scrimmage. adding to that was the way the Bills D-line was also manhandled up front opening holes for their backs to run all over them.

2) They couldn't get out of their own way.

How many times did they kill their momentum on drives with asinine penalties? How many times did they stop the jets on defense only to let them off the hook with a penalty? And just when we thought the old Jerry Hughes was gone, he returned at the most inopportune time with that brain dead UC penalty at a critical moment. At one point they had more penalty yards than rushing yards. And what was up with the crappy tackling?

3) They lost the turnover battle

Three back breaking fumbles and one dropped interception will do it every time.

Can't help but feel bad for Zay Jones. Just when he finally started to turn the corner, he not only gets hurt, but hurt again.

Bottom line - They lost because the Jets showed up and made the plays and the Bills didn't. This was a complete and total team loss. Not even the great Tom Brady could have won this game under that kind of intense pressure.

I don't think the Jets got the memo that they were supposed to be tanking this season.

Oh well, 5-3 beats 3-5 every time. Next week, we shock the NFL world and take this out on the Saints.

GO BILLS!!!!

Edited by BmarvB

I feel pretty good about how the Bills matchup with the Saints. Plus, we get them at home after a 10 day rest.

I'm actually more worried about the Chargers the following week.

Same here. Chargers game is one they're supposed to win, just like the Bengals and Jets games.

Did I just hear the sound of TT getting sacked yet again? The game ended last night :lol:

Good teams lose to lesser teams all the time, especially on the road. It's not about losing 1 game, it's about how you respond to a loss.

If the Bills are a good team they will respond with wins.

Can you detail why? No snark, just interested in hearing why. I have the feeling they're gonna torch us.

It depends on the weather for me. Edited by TheTruthHurts

Good teams lose to lesser teams all the time, especially on the road. It's not about losing 1 game, it's about how you respond to a loss.

If the Bills are a good team they will respond with wins.

It depends on the weather for me.

We'll see what happens next Sunday vs the Saints. I got a really good feeling about that game.

Can you detail why? No snark, just interested in hearing why. I have the feeling they're gonna torch us.

It's possible. They can certainly put up points. However, they're run game is vulnerable, as well as their run defense. This plays to the Bills' strengths.

Add the fact that McDermott is very familiar with their personnel. I like Buffalo's chances at home, where they play well.

The following week, however, Buffalo has to travel west to face a very talented (and versatile) running back. Plus a defensive front 7 that will give the Bills' line a tremendous challenge. Anthony Lynn knows the Bills' personnel. Not a good matchup.

It's possible. They can certainly put up points. However, they're run game is vulnerable, as well as their run defense. This plays to the Bills' strengths.

Add the fact that McDermott is very familiar with their personnel. I like Buffalo's chances at home, where they play well.

The following week, however, Buffalo has to travel west to face a very talented (and versatile) running back. Plus a defensive front 7 that will give the Bills' line a tremendous challenge. Anthony Lynn knows the Bills' personnel. Not a good matchup.

That's the game I'm more worried about. It's a game they're supposed to win but the Chargers are more than capable of beating them out west.

Bills needed to win this game and get to 6 wins with the upcoming scheduling looming large.

Yes this team has been great at home so far but hard to have confidence in a team that can't beat sub .500 teams on the road.

This is shaping up to be one of those years where the Bills might actually go 7-1 at home but only 2-6 on the road which might not be good enough to make the playoffs.

Every team has a crap game at least once a season. This is a wake-up call that they need to keep making the effort the did before, and take the breaks when they're delivered on a silver platter between the 2 and the 4.

These guys are professionals and will get what passes for their A game back. New Orleans at Orchard Park -- a home game against a strong opponent. I think they'll have no trouble getting up for this one.