Calm down everyone. It's Just Sports Entertainment

RobH063

Look, everyone here loves the Bills or we wouldn't be here but it's just Sports and Entertainment. No one needs to get so worked up about a Bills loss or whether they make the playoff's or anything else related to the team. Save getting that worked up for the really important things in your life. Getting overly worked up about any sports team is exactly what they want you to do. They suck you in, bleed you dry and then when you've had enough, there's a thousand more like you waiting to take your place. Why do you think the Owners make so much money and why do you think the players make so much money? It's because of everyone getting too involved in the Sports teams they like, spending more money than they should on their favorite team, companies paying the NFL to play their commercials to suck you in to buy their products etc. etc. Calm down, kiss your wife, kids or whoever you care for, remember what's really important in your life and turn on the television or go to the game a week from Sunday and enjoy the entertainment the Bills provide (either good or bad), then rinse and repeat. It's just Sports Entertainment!

I get where you're coming from, but this is a Bills board. This is what people here are really into. If you've been a fan of this team for any length of time you know damn well that to many Bills fans it's about much more than entertainment.

What's important is relative. You do what you want and I'll do what I want. I'm bummed and I'm not too worried if anyone thinks that's dumb or not.

I get where you're coming from, but this is a Bills board. This is what people here are really into. If you've been a fan of this team for any length of time you know damn well that to many Bills fans it's about much more than entertainment.

What's important is relative. You do what you want and I'll do what I want. I'm bummed and I'm not too worried if anyone thinks that's dumb or not.

Yeah, everyone is bummed. I think what the OP is trying to convey is that this place really gets ridiculous, and the threads/posts tend to be waaaaaay over the top after a loss. The trolls come out in full force, and bipolar Bills "fans" swing from one extreme to another. Also, folks tend to get really nasty and disrespectful with one another on TBD after a loss. All this is totally not necessary, and a main reason why many of us avoid this MB after a loss.

They played a bad game last night. They laid an egg. They had no answer for the Jets pass rush, and didn't play their typical brand of physical football on defense. Bad games happen. The sun will come out tomorrow.

10 days to prepare for an important game at home. We will be healthy and charged up, and folks will be back here talking playoffs after we curb stomp the Saints.

As the world turns...

I hear you. I am one who takes my college team wayyy too seriously sometimes. I dont get as upset about the Bills but I have my moments. Its easier to deal with a loss in NFL than college though because you can lose so many more games and still make the playoffs. And style points mean nothing.