First Post--JP's new nickname

Hey everyone. Long time lurker here. Felt like I had to respond to some articles in the local papers trying to hang the AWFUL nickname "The Kid" on JP.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050...?tbd1014274.asp

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...369/1007/SPORTS

I saw him at his press conference and I think were pretty lucky to have well spoken, fiery, enthusiastic guy at QB. No biggie. But The Kid has got to stop. This cant follow us into training camp.

Lets face it, he's a really handsome guy but he looks totally Keanu Reeves and screams West Coast. In order to avert in instant Rob Johnson gag reflex we must learn to embrace it. So I propose instead if we all grow to love him and accept him as a real Bill we call him "The Dude". It would be great to hear RWS in January calling out DUUUUUDDDE! after every play. Hmmm, he'll hafta learn how to snowboard as well, that would really be anti-RJ, then we could accept his West Coastness. Dude!

and if he tanks... we'll call him RJ JR.

It would be great to hear RWS in January calling out DUUUUUDDDE! after every play.

262798[/snapback]

It's kinda close to DREEEEEEEWW!!!;

then again, that one never really caught on at the Ralph.

My only problem is 'The Dude' may take away from what is one of the greatest characters in the history of film. I am as excited about JP as anyone, I'm just not sure he's earned this distinction yet.

I say we just call him 'The Noob'

It's kinda close to DREEEEEEEWW!!!;

then again, that one never really caught on at the Ralph.

262813[/snapback]

That was the good thing about Dreeeeeeew, it sounds like Boooooooo, so I'm sure he could never figure out the difference.

We could always call JP "The Waterboy" for his close resemblance to Adam Sandler

Hey everyone. Long time lurker here. Felt like I had to respond to some articles in the local papers trying to hang the AWFUL nickname "The Kid" on JP.

262798[/snapback]

Hey BOB DICESARE, or should I say crazyDingo....nobody is going to start calling him "The Kid" despite your desperate attempts to use the name as often as possible. He already has a nickname JAY PEE.

Hey BOB DICESARE, or should I say crazyDingo....nobody is going to start calling him "The Kid" despite your desperate attempts to use the name as often as possible. He already has a nickname JAY PEE.

262848[/snapback]

Ummm, that was my point. He kept repeating it over and over like it would catch on--ya know like they do on American Idol. Besides, wasnt The Kid what Prince went by in Purple Rain? How does Bob Dicesare not know that? :devil:

My only problem is 'The Dude' may take away from what is one of the greatest characters in the history of film. I am as excited about JP as anyone, I'm just not sure he's earned this distinction yet.

I say we just call him 'The Noob'

262827[/snapback]

role of a lifetime for jeff bridges. he'll never top it.

Nope. "Dude" is too close to Dud. People here just aren't very understanding and will climb all over his back if he doesn't deliver on a playoff berth.

It's also funny to read that now we need a O-line that isn't quite so offensive.