In His Three Years With the Bills....

ajzepp

Who knows what was actually said, but I believe he was told he would be the backup.  That's not a competition.  I believe JP has been talking at length about how he was "given" the job.

262623[/snapback]

ok, my bad.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the coaches told him that he could come back as a backup, but that JPL was the starter, no questions asked.  Bledsoe said he wanted to be a starter (or at least have a chance to start), and the coaches said ok and cut him.

Funny, because according to the bashers around here, Bledsoe is content to just collect a paycheck from Ralph without actually doing anything.  If they were correct, wouldn't Bledsoe love to make millions for carrying a clipboard...?  B-)

CW

262620[/snapback]

That's true, you definitely can't fault the guy for being a competitor :o

back on the original topic, i do like the confidence/cockiness that JP has shown...its nice to see a bit of fire back there...

not to bash Drew too bad, but i think this teams needs an outspoken leader more than a quiet one...

back on the original topic, i do like the confidence/cockiness that JP has shown...its nice to see a bit of fire back there...

not to bash Drew too bad, but i think this teams needs an outspoken leader more than a quiet one...

262635[/snapback]

Thank you......that's exactly what I was getting at.

Hey Puhonix,

Wouldn't you say that Dan Marino had no problem getting in a lineman's face if he felt they were slacking off? I'm sure I haven't seen as many Miami games as you have, but growing up in Rochester I saw a good bit of Miami/Buff games. I know I've seen Marino get pretty fiery at times on the field........I don't remember him as being the strong silent type.

You agree or disagree?

Wouldn't you say that Dan Marino had no problem getting in a lineman's face if he felt they were slacking off? I'm sure I haven't seen as many Miami games as you have, but growing up in Rochester I saw a good bit of Miami/Buff games. I know I've seen Marino get pretty fiery at times on the field........I don't remember him as being the strong silent type.

262639[/snapback]

Only when he was sucking on the field & looking for someone else to blame. :oB-)

Hey Puhonix,

You agree or disagree?

262639[/snapback]

Not strong silent type at all. He wasn't the Montana leader either, like the infamous John Candy line. Marino yelled at you right on the field, a fierce competitor. I really think him and Kelly were of the same type. Definitely not a Bledsoe type at all.

Losman, you just dont know yet. Same for Feely... he's not there yet, but I think its cause of confidence. When Marino and Kelly were becoming legends, they were respected throughout, so if one of them yelled at you, you knew that you messed up and had to go and fix it.

Funny, I was going to ask you the same thing!

262638[/snapback]

If I were you, I'd just put me on ignore......seriously.

The QB position is the most important one on this team, and when some point of interest comes up regarding it, I'm going to bring it up. Obviously there is nothing I can do to further any 'crusade' since Drew has already been given his walking papers. But the fact of the matter is that he is the guy who was here for the lsat three years, and he's going to probably be the guy I compare any new QBs to. As for the quote I cited, it's not like I'm bringing up something that JP said a year ago. It was on the front of TBD this morning.

If you don't like it, don't read it........I'm pretty sure you could tell from the subject of my post that the content was going to have something to do with Drew.

262635[/snapback]

So if young Joe Montana or Steve Young were here, you'd get rid of them because they aren't outspoken leaders? Yeah, didn't think so.

Leading with your lips is overrated - unless you're a whore.

Not strong silent type at all. He wasn't the Montana leader either, like the infamous John Candy line. Marino yelled at you right on the field, a fierce competitor. I really think him and Kelly were of the same type. Definitely not a Bledsoe type at all.

Losman, you just dont know yet. Same for Feely... he's not there yet, but I think its cause of confidence. When Marino and Kelly were becoming legends, they were respected throughout, so if one of them yelled at you, you knew that you messed up and had to go and fix it.

262644[/snapback]

I miss those Marino/Kelly games.......I used to look forward to those the most during the season. Those were the days..........

So if young Joe Montana or Steve Young were here, you'd get rid of them because they aren't outspoken leaders?  Yeah, didn't think so. 

262649[/snapback]

Amazing how i suggest we need an outspoken leader and you somehow manage to twist that into me wanting to boot young or montana off the Bills if we had them...

I wanna see a QB who's gonna grab a WR by the facemask when he runs the wrong route or smacks big mike upside the head when he misses a block, and gets the team fired up...

you're telling me.... Your team didnt go 4-12 this season.

262651[/snapback]

You know, that reminds me......not to hijack my own thread here, but what was up with that? Didn't your defense stay mostly together? I know Boston was out, but you didn't have him the year before anyway.......was Ricky such a huge part of your team that the whole program just collapsed with him not there? I just couldn't believe how far you guys fell.

Amazing how i suggest we need an outspoken leader and you somehow manage to twist that into me wanting to boot young or montana off the Bills if we had them...

I wanna see a QB who's gonna grab a WR by the facemask when he runs the wrong route or smacks big mike upside the head when he misses a block, and gets the team fired up...

262655[/snapback]

Which accomplishes what? Until JP proves himself on the field, grabbing anyone by the facemask will likely earn him an ass kicking. I doubt very seriously if anyone can find an example of Young or Montana ever grabbing a teammate by the uniform and screaming at them. Yet they are both in the HOF and won 5 SBs between them.

Drew wasn't a leader because he couldn't back it up with his play. Nothing more, nothing less.

So if young Joe Montana or Steve Young were here, you'd get rid of them because they aren't outspoken leaders?  Yeah, didn't think so. 

262649[/snapback]

Thanks, AD. Saved me from some long-winded incoherent treatise I was developing on this.

262655[/snapback]

I agree, I want a QB that players feel they have to be accountable to. I think maybe they became a little too comfortable with Drew, I dunno. But I do think the 'in your face' attitude is better to have than to not have......but I think we all agree that you have to be able to back it up, too.

You know, that reminds me......not to hijack my own thread here, but what was up with that? Didn't your defense stay mostly together? I know Boston was out, but you didn't have him the year before anyway.......was Ricky such a huge part of your team that the whole program just collapsed with him not there? I just couldn't believe how far you guys fell.

262659[/snapback]

Good team that couldnt hang with the league. If you watched the games, we started awful, too many injuries and distractions. 1-8 to start the season. Then Jim Bates became head coach and we went 3-4. We played well, stayed close in most of the games, but no big QB to win in the 4th, and no running game to kill time when we did have the lead. Remember the rematch against buffalo, we were in that for most of the game.

Which accomplishes what?  Until JP proves himself on the field, grabbing anyone by the facemask will likely earn him an ass kicking. 

262660[/snapback]

lol.....probably true