Bills fans in Richmond, VA

cage

For those of you in #RVA, you realize there's an Anchor Bar now at Stony Point. This is one of only three Anchor Bars outside of WNY, So Ontario area. The Bills are on multiple large screen TVs and they pipe the sound to the game! No more competing for space in front of the right small TV, while listening to the call on the Redskins or Steelers games for you! There's no reason to go to Buffalo Wild Wings an hour+ before kick-off!

For those of you in #RVA, you realize there's an Anchor Bar now at Stony Point. This is one of only three Anchor Bars outside of WNY, So Ontario area. The Bills are on multiple large screen TVs and they pipe the sound to the game! No more competing for space in front of the right small TV, while listening to the call on the Redskins or Steelers games for you! There's no reason to go to Buffalo Wild Wings an hour+ before kick-off!

From what I hear, better enjoy it while it lasts.

I don't think they picked the best location for it. I would have put it somewhere else... but I'll keep supporting them!

He needs a lot more guys like you! Bad Location, awful space, horrible reviews online from first two weeks.

If I owned the place, I would wall kin about 2/3 rds of the dining room make it a private room, makes the main dining room smaller and not feel so damn empty. Migt even think of how I could pull the bar space and dining room together to make it more of one room.

FRom what i hear they are losing money hand over fist .

He needs a lot more guys like you! Bad Location, awful space, horrible reviews online from first two weeks.

If I owned the place, I would wall kin about 2/3 rds of the dining room make it a private room, makes the main dining room smaller and not feel so damn empty. Migt even think of how I could pull the bar space and dining room together to make it more of one room.

FRom what i hear they are losing money hand over fist .

Ah,... don't like to hear that at all! I think if they had put in Carytown or at Short Pump they could do much, much better. They really missed on the changing demographic of the American Shopping Mall, which is dying rapidly.

I hope they don't pull out. In the meantime... every Game Day!!

Edited by cage

Ah,... don't like to hear that at all! I think if they had put in Carytown or at Short Pump they could do much, much better. They really missed on the changing demographic of the American Shopping Mall, which is dying rapidly.

:thumbsup:

Have not gone for a game, but did go for dinner with the family once. The service and atmosphere left a lot to be desired. Throw on top of that $90 for a family of 4 (3 beers included on tab) and I likely won't be going back. Wings were good (not great) - rest of food was just ok. I have Sunday Ticket, so don't need a place to watch games, but I can definitely see why they aren't doing well just from my small sample size.

I agree! Bad location, but at least there is plenty of parking. Carytown wouldn't have that. We prefer Hurley's, just E of Short pump on W Broad St. Anchor would be closer for us but Hurley's gives us the whole rear bar area, and outside (seasonal).

I went to the Anchor Bar once, and was NOT impressed. The servers are clueless! I'd like to see it succeed but between the bad location, and the service problems, I don't know?

Wegmans Pub in Midlothian has Sunday Ticket, but you have to sit at the bar because they only have 3 TV's, and that's where they are located, so not really an option.

BILLS Backers VA meets at Hurley's.i

Have not gone for a game, but did go for dinner with the family once. The service and atmosphere left a lot to be desired. Throw on top of that $90 for a family of 4 (3 beers included on tab) and I likely won't be going back. Wings were good (not great) - rest of food was just ok. I have Sunday Ticket, so don't need a place to watch games, but I can definitely see why they aren't doing well just from my small sample size.

You nailed everything right on the head. It was nice going once, but I don't think I'll be heading back.

I agree! Bad location, but at least there is plenty of parking. Carytown wouldn't have that. We prefer Hurley's, just E of Short pump on W Broad St. Anchor would be closer for us but Hurley's gives us the whole rear bar area, and outside (seasonal).

I went to the Anchor Bar once, and was NOT impressed. The servers are clueless! I'd like to see it succeed but between the bad location, and the service problems, I don't know?

Wegmans Pub in Midlothian has Sunday Ticket, but you have to sit at the bar because they only have 3 TV's, and that's where they are located, so not really an option.

BILLS Backers VA meets at Hurley's.i

Hurleys is funny place. I used to go quite a bit when they had the ponies, but not so much anymore.Long story, but was doing some drinking in there couple Sundays back, and wife wanted to order some wings and she asked if they were breaded. Answer came back affirmative, and i commented i was shocked they breaded their wings being a Bills bar.

She looked at me funny, said "oh yea, we don't bread them on football Sundays as you people don't like em breaded" with a funny look.

Edited by plenzmd1

Hurleys is funny place. I used to go quite a bit when they had the ponies, but not so much anymore.Long story, but was doing some drinking in there couple Sundays back, and wife wanted to order some wings and she asked if they were breaded. Answer came back affirmative, and i commented i was shocked they breaded their wings being a Bills bar.

She looked at me funny, said "oh yea, we don't bread them on football Sundays as you people don't like em breaded" with a funny look.

That's good to know. I've never been a big wings fan, but I am celiac (gluten free). I'm envious of the fans who can eat beef on wek, which they do have.

• 4 weeks later...