Does it feel different NOW?

Yes this time feels different. I'm not 100% sold on the OL coach or OC. But the O line and offense can tend to take longer to come together than the defense does (especially a less complicated scheme like McD's).

I'm willing to give them some time though. Dennison and Kubiak's offense was good enough to win a Super Bowl with Brock Osweiller and the ghost of Peyton Manning after all so he deserves a little time at least.

Overall, I just see a disciplined and well coached team. They seem to be executing the scheme very well on defense. Guys seem to have good fundamentals, technique and execution. Players are in proper position to make plays. Those are all very important things IMO.

I love how they all swarm the ball on defense, too! That's more good coaching right there.

He has these guys really buying in to what they're doing and actually playing like a true team. Everyone doing their jobs. "Be one eleventh" as McD says...

They also seem to have done a good job, at least initially, of bringing in players who fit their scheme. Most of the guys brought in by this new regime have all made an impact. That gives me hope they know what they're doing...

McDermott focused on bringing in coaches who were good teachers (of fundamentals/scheme/technique etc). That's something that Belichick has always excelled at. He's one of the best teachers of the game that there is. He doesn't (usually) have a team full of stars. He finds guys that fit his scheme/culture and he teaches them to out-execute the other team. Everyone does their job, usually very well and IMO it's one of the reasons they win so much (Brady is obviously another).

I've been a fan of McDermott (and his defense) for years and have been on the hype train since day 1 though, so maybe I'm just a homer... lol.

We controlled the 2nd half. That isn't something we've seen against a legit playoff contender in a long time.

I've been impressed with our halftime adjustments in all 3 games so far. That's something mostl all of the good coaches do well and it makes me think that we may finally have one of those good coaches ourselves. Fingers crossed!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic