McDermott: Not Enough Separation from the Bills' WRs

26CornerBlitz

I'd do a lot of McDermott style clapping for him, but you're asking a bit too much.

...I guess what bugs the hell outta me is that at some point, try being riverboat gamblers with the personnel you have.....I'm STILL choking on Losman's proclamation, "wait 'til you see when we open this thing up" under the OC tutelage of Steve Foulchild...and Stillborn Steve did not deliver....AVP?....right.....the OBD historical parade of OC's since Marchibroda is sad......not even Waste Management would pick any of 'em up on Monday......I'd rather see TT's stat line read 25/35 for 342 yds, 4 TD's and 2 INTS in a losing effort...it gives me MORE hope than I've had since Kelly era.....at least we know the offense is NOT on life support...............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was never their #1 target.

Jordan Mattthews WR: 85 - 997

Zach Ertz TE: 75 - 853

Brent Celek TE: 27 - 398

Nelson Agholor WR: 23 - 287

Riley Cooper WR: 21 - 397

Miles Austin WR: 13 - 224

Trey Burton: 3 - 54

Zach Ertz TE: 78 - 816

Jordan Matthews WR: 73 - 804

Trey Burton TE: 37 - 327

Nelson Aghalor WR: 36 - 365

Green Beckham, Dorial: 36 - 392

Brent Celek TE: 14 - 155

Josh Huff WR: 13 - 72

Nº1 target? I don't know, numbers says he's close to it, number #1 WR, no doubt about it.

Nº1 target? I don't know, numbers says he's close to it, number #1 WR, no doubt about it.

...can we please see THOSE numbers in Bflo whether he is #2, 3, 4 5 or 37th?....oh wait.....

Productive slot receiver. :thumbsup:

It's all part of the "tank". The week before the Matthews trade, Matthews was looking like he lost his job in Philly. He was on his way out. Bean and McD got together, agreed to tank, but McD's reputation is built on Defense. He likely ensured the Defense looked good so his reputation was still solid. Think about it. McD has been running good Defenses under Defensive minded HCs or an assistant D Coach. In Philly, he was under Jim Johnson as the assistant. After McD replaced Johnson, he only lasted two years until Ried, uncharacteristically, fired McD. Then he goes to Carolina under Defense HC Ron RIvera. So far, McD has only been good under Defensive minded HCs. So if this whole HC thing goes south, he has to ensure he will be hired again as a DC somewhere. So far he is doing a great job with the Defense, but so was Schwartz with similar players. Rex just jacked it all up. Matthews will be a FA next year and will likely head somewhere else. The Offense will be in complete rebuild next year, with a new QB, new WRs and maybe even a new RB.

http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/speculation-about-jordan-matthews-future-eagles-ramps-again

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81db2c4c/article/eagles-fire-dc-mcdermott-who-could-land-in-denver-carolina

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/17/sean-mcdermott-lands-on-his-feet-in-carolina/

Not a coincidence when you are bad at hiring people to run your team. It's incompetence, not coincidence.

Not really, The Bills passing game has sucked under Tyrod, 28th in 2015 and 30th last year. I know I will see how "Great our running game was though", but this is a passing league.

WCO, as most know, you need a QB that with take the ball on the snap and sling it to a WR in the center of the field within a couple of secs. TT is not built for this offense at all. I still don't get is why they let Watkins go as he is built for quick slant passes and he def gets separation quickly when I seen him play healthy?

Edited by Real McCoy